Skyray C108 anybody?

I saw the Skyray C108 with XM-L at DinoDirect. There are a few different versions of the C108 including Fandyfire and others. This light looks like a pretty decent variation of the C8 for less than $20. I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with it. There was a different brand on eBay that had an aluminum pill.

Disclosure: I used an affiliate link, but I am seriously considering getting this. 5% off with code retailmenot5off.

not me, but sure looks good, I think it has a plastic reflector…

Went ahead and ordered one, so we’ll see how it turns out.

hope you used the DD coupons :wink:

I did. Plus they gave me an idinor account for a month, so that was 5% off. Coupon was 5% off and I had a couple of dinopoints. I got double point for the next purchase, which was unexpected.

Got this light today. Not impressive. High-Medium-Strobe. The LED seems off center, but I think it is just because the reflector can move around some (bad thing about the C8 design). I don’t know if I can get the driver out or not which makes it pretty worthless to me (it comes out and isn’t even soldered in place; see below).

And it’s not a Skyray. It is a Uniquefire. Not that that probably really matters. More later.

Edit: Later on I figured out how to get to the driver. It’s a 17mm driver, so there may be hope afterall for this light. I’ll test out current draws this weekend. LED is quite cool, mounted on a 20mm star. I have a neutral XM-L I can put in there. Reflector is a smooth, same as the one in a C8.

I ordered that from DInodirect and received Ultrafire Stainless steel bezel C8 XML.

And I thing bezel on thiflashlight is really steel.
Unlike trustfire C8 XML I received from DInodirect too, wich is hgood flashlight, but bezel is pretty soft aluminium.

I dont know what these guy in the warehouse are doing, but I often get a wrong but similar product, when I buy xcheap flashlights.
And there is some order in these mistakes, so I wonder is it their policy or not?

I mean, if they dont have something (or cant find it?), they dont put “backorder” status, they just pick something similar and ship it.
It happened so many times to me.

Thats incorrect, I 100% sure.
Nobody ships XMLs with plastic reflectors :o

I have the Fandyfire C108 from LightCastle that I got a while back. Has an aluminum reflector and centering ring. This surprisingly is my first "C8" style light. I finally tossed in a 105C just now with 5%-30%-100%, and it's my new favorite light. Out throws my UF-2200 (26650), even though the 2200 has a deeper reflector (same diameter). Only thing it doesn't out throw in my collection is my XP-G2 driven hard with a Rebel reflector.