Skyray driver problem - help..

Came home an decided to do the same simplest mod.
Led wires - 18AWG
Forgot to measure current before and after but looks a bit brighter now (still worse than stock roche m170 with “green” driver ).
I wonder if I have the same fake cree leds (LB ?).

Powered by 4 protected UR18650ZY
With that custom pill body gets hot fast.

Ambient: 21°C
HI mode (measured with infrared thermometer in area near sidebutton):

• 30sec: 24
  • 1min: 27
  • 1min30sec: 30
  • 2min: 32.5
  • 3min: 36
  • 4min: 38
  • 5min: 40 (warm)
  • 10min: 50 (hot)

3LED

Body has been (dont know correct word for this sorry :person_facepalming: , extended? tneh grinded) for beter contact with pill

Al pill, sits pretty tight

Interesting. Yea, been using DC-Fix on some light myself. Didn't think of trying it on a SRK - interesting... My 5X SRK clone has crazy ring patterns in the beam.

I work with an EE doing PIC designs on battery powered assemblies, an add-on product we sell. Didn't look myself into it, but he said he built in power saving sleep mode support in the firmware.

strango - you might have real XM-L2's there, not sure. It's easy for me to spot the XML fakes which is what I had, but the XM-L2 fakes I dunno.

I gess No.
with more leds current through 1 led is lower.
so efficiency lm/W is better
See example attached

With less LEDs you have more W consumption and less lm output for the same total current.

Wait... Where is this app you got there? Pretty cool, actually, but where?

Is this real or predicted some how? Didn't think CREE would show XM-L2's up to 9A

lumens/watt is where multi-leds have gains, for sure.

All the best for you Tom E
that screenshot is from LedCalc - LEDs comparison (http://ledcalc.fonarevka.ru)
a looot of LED types.

There is an offline app for windows available as well but it has no english interface.

I believe it is not predicted but based on afficial pdf-s

9A is total current for X*LED in parallel.

I also purchase a skyray king and it came whit exactly the same driver. It has very poor light. I decided to buy this driver https://m.fasttech.com/p/5288600 Do you thing it would create a good improvement is it wort buying it ? Thanks a lot.