Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

Nope, not yet. But given the fact I have this light on order and also the Ultrafire UF-T70, after checking for proper functionality, I'm going to open them up and verify the quality or quantity of thermal compound these manufacturers have been using under the stars.

After seeing the repair post from another forum regarding the Nitecore TM-11, and what the problem has been with them, not to mention their high cost, I'm going to make sure these budget triple XM-L's won't have the same heat problems.

Lightmalls is a safe supplier. Emailed them and they replied fast + very courteous. Check out my uniquefire 3900 review, i got it from them.

Just tell them to test your light before they ship out, that's what i told them. :)

It's always good to "open them up" and check things out. :)

Lights of these sizes surely would have "heat problems". I put them in quotes simply because it's not exactly an issue, flashaholics want the brightest, throwiest and well-driven lights, but then if presented in a big format like Fenix TK70 which does 90k+ cd, they tell you it's too big.

The TK70 easily does 2200 lumens OTF for 15 mins in a relatively cold environment and is still not sweating it, temperature delta is around 20 deg C.....for eg ambient 20 deg C the head is 40 deg C.

Emailed Manafont about stats and which batteries would be best to use. I'm thinking with 4 x 18650s, you couldn't go wrong by way of output. No reply yet. It's been nearly two days.

Since the Nitecore TM-11 can handle the Redilast 18650-3100's, I'm assuming the Skyray King can handle the length of them also, so I have 4 new ones sitting and waiting for the light to arrive.

I'm almost decided in ordering one... if so, I think the best batteries would be XTAR2600 or the TrustFire 3000mAh Flame (@MF - HJK's Review - Stephen Wallace's Review)

I've been thinking... The switch is "soft switch" so the driver is in constant contact with batteries. This could be a problem if parasitic drain isn't handled good. Also as much as i like side switches tail-cap switches are easier to repair.

Now on KD $77.43

Another nice price. This is the first retailer that posted the regulated current as being 4000ma. If true, this torch will have issues with heat if run for extended amounts of time on High mode. After seeing the insides of the TM-11, I have no reason to think the SR King would be any different. My Ultrafire UF-T70 is rated at 2.6ma on High, so it should be interesting to see these two lights side by side. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Richie, well the good news is this....never ever believe anything regarding specs on budget lights. Even Fenix / Olight / Jetbeam / Nitecore gets stuff wrong.

http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1460

Skyray king is available as 3 but with an additional plus with NW T6 3C 5000k option now, but only at CNQG.

Flashlight made even nicer now. :)

Best price for the best tint - what's not to like ?

Oh, I know what - my latest order shipping out less than 24 hours before this one hit the catalog.

The only thing that I wonder is "DRIVER"

So waiting for first review

Awww!!!

Leave it to Ric to offer the better 3C tint. What I don't like is that it already comes in a nice strong padded box like the UF-T70. But CNQ makes you purchase the gift box and it can't be unchecked. How was this going to be shipped normally, just tossed in a padded envelope? Not to mention upgrading to faster shipping puts this way past what a budget light should cost.

The one I purchased from Manafont will have the same tint as my UF-T70, which is fine. But even if I didn't like it, I'd simply upgrade it with the XML T6 3C's.

I can't wait to see reviews and teardowns of this light. It has really grown on me and is hard to resist.

i'm glad its gold or I couldn't resist

I asked Ric from CQG about the King and he replied with the following:

the new Skyray King is a very beautiful light. Quality and shape is the best compared with DRY or T70. For this price Skyray king is a winner, it's a highly recommended torch.
Brightness: Abit brighter than T70, i think it's around 2000lumens. But powered by 4x18650, the runtime is much longer.
DRY is still the brightest LED light.

I also asked if he was aware if Skyray had any plans to make it in Black or any other color and he didn't say. I get the whole gold color going with the "King" moniker but it's just a bit cheesy. If I owned it I would definitely nick-name it "Midas". :) Almost any other color than gold and with better mode selection and I don't think I could resist this light!

They should have tried Solarforce blue. Super winner!

ads

will be not available..!