Skyray King (3xXML, 4x18650 Fatty)

dispatched!

Looks quite good, the word clone cannot be used.

At least it looks better than the DRY, that i'd have to admit!

Only thing going for the DRY is the WW and NW options.

Looks really nice to me. I have the original SR 3800 and it has been very robust. The later versions are where most of the problems occurred. I think as long as they dont try to figure out a way to turn it into a dropin configuration it will be good.

Let's not forget the awesome driver options. I wonder if one can cram the $15 KD driver in the King's gut ?

So what do we figure realistic, maximum lumens are for this fatty?

Curious of its performance.. will it be better than UF-T70??

I kinda like it but I cannot understand the stupid high-low-strobe UI. Anyway, I just made an order at Int. Outdoor so, I'm done buying flashlights for a day or one.

outofcontrolFoy

would you prefer

this

or

this

Want it as empty DIY host kit ... for $40

I guess that button on the side is the "soft", not the ordinary power switch ("Press switch for 3 seconds to adjust to Strobe" indicates this). So the stock 8*7135 with original firmware will not work correctly.

I actually find the Sky Ray design more balanced, however, the color kills it for me. I appreciate a flashlight design that can eliminate knurling yet still provide adequate grip.

It is called the King, so it has to be a “royal” color. If you don’t like the gold, just wait for the limited edition purple version.

Harry -

Not even a contest.

nitecoreFoy

I second that-I'd like just the host!

But I like the king the best :-)

However I detest multi emitter lights so unless they make a similar offering with a single emitter and a noce big throwing reflector in it I wont touch the thing anyway. But that is just me ;-)

I seriously thought I was done buying lights for a while but considering it runs the batteries in parallel at 4.2 volts I have to do the Nanjg105C with a custom 5 mode low to high and this might just be the perfect light..............well except for the color.

Welcome back, E. I have a box of fried drop-ins I need to send your way . . . if your hands are up to it.

BTW - The C88 is awesome with a King Kong.

blowseverythingupFoy

Thanks, I had a great trip much needed break from the cold. Send them over I will fix them up for you I still owe you a couple bucks.

I absolutely love mine with the King Kongs. I really didn't think it could get any better but the Kongs are a definite improvement. I installed a thick O ring on the front of the tube and it takes up the gap needed.

I'm interested in the drive current, but as 2100 said this flashlight may be very inefficient because of the boost driver. Anyway, the idea of modding with 7135 is just great! But you also have to change the switch.

The modes are OK for me, High and Low, and a hidden Strobe to never use and doesn't disturb.

They should release a black color version... if they do, I'll buy it; I really want (but don't need :D ) a portable triple XM-L, I was going to buy a DRY housing to manually install 3xU2-1C but now seeing this I don't really know what to do...