Skyray King Question

Hi there

Got my Skyray King in and I had a few questions. I ordered from WillBuying and got the black, 4x XM-L2.

I haven’t had a chance to try it out, but after looking it over I was displeased with a couple of things.

1. The photos showed the flashlight with a silver button, but this one has the red button. Which I hate. Is there any way to get a replacement and switch this out?
2. The button is really loose. It rattles badly when I shake the light. Can this be tightened down somehow?

I read a post from another member who bought the same light and did not have these issues. Any ways, any help is appreciated. I sure hope I didn’t get a junker. Thanks for the help

Sean

Wow, a 4x XM-L2 is pretty new.

As for the button, try rotating the ring that holds the button counter-clockwise. It may be loose.

I tried to tighten the red ring around the button and it won’t budge. The button sounds like a marraca when i shake it.
Any other thoughts and better yet a place to get a replacement button. I really do hate that red one.

You could remove the red anodizing, Revealing bare aluminum.

As for the rattle, my kung is also a little loose. Its a possibility that the right sized spring in between switch button and switch might help.

i placed a very thin gasket of rubber underneath the ring on one of my SRKs and fixed it.

Thanks for the ideas. I also sent a message to the company I bought the light from and asked them to send me a silver button.

Sean