Skyray Kung M4 ( 4 XM-L emitters !

Although, I bought a gold one with no stenciling… I’d rather have no writing compared having the word ” KUNG ” on one of my flashlights…. LOL

If I ever got myself one of these… It will be named the Sky-Ray Kung Fu… Once modded, it should kick the Kings ass! :stuck_out_tongue:

Even better, it should be white and black… Maybe the name would be even longer… :stuck_out_tongue:

Flomotion 12/08/2012 thread, mentioned I have found that even though the Chinese make up many name like: Pitalam, bestsupply88, Rabbitword88, it is the same seller. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/13686#comment-276824

Sure is a nice alternative to SRK.

Please get the specs out asap.

Thanks

Dale so how is it?

I’ll get back to ya :slight_smile:

I would buy one, but I must stick to my XM-L2 only rule :frowning:

I will likely mod the one i have orderd with Four XM-L2s. ( as i did with my Nitecore P25 Smilodon and a modded Sipik SK98. :slight_smile:

I wanted to buy too, but, really torn. If the specs arent lying (and they usually are) it says 35W, I think the good SRKs run 30W correct? Either way, it still is kind if limiting, with only 3 total modes, even if it is throwier, High will probably be too hot to hold, low too weak. Or with the more probable BS specs option, maybe it will be under driven and be cooler with a similar output?…that actually may be nicer if you dont want to mod it and actually use it for a while…

If they would make a quad with xml2 then heat would be less of an issue since the emitters run more efficiently then the first gen xml where heat reduces the output.

It is listed as XML T6 though, and I’m pretty certain they’d list XML2s if it had them as a selling point, so I’m certain heat will be a huge issue if its driven well. Reflectors look a tiny bit deeper though, hopefully we will have a review soon :slight_smile:

posting to subscribe…

I wonder, will it be throwier….or hopefully for me, floodier

The one i ordered is on the way, just waiting for it to arrive to test out. :slight_smile:

Looks good.

With the same driving current, 4 XM-Ls would be slightly brighter than 3 XM-Ls, though lesser throw. So it might “seem” to be a bit dimmer visually. Need a light meter + sphere/ceiling bounce to confirm!

saw one sell for $35 so……
lets see…sell my king, buy THIS!

UPDATE ! :
My Skyray 4 XM-L light arrived !
its a bit late posting tonight, and not had time to do any real testing yet. for some first impressions though on this new light, there are some are good, and some are not so good.
The packaging it came in was bad, though the light itself has some good features and some not so good.

First, it DOES appear to be brighter & more powerful than the standard SRK 3-XM-L lights i have, ( meaning its likely driven as hard as the 3 emitter unit. ? ) though the color tint is much cooler than my standard SRK.
It is still a flooder and not a thrower,with the hot spot very comparable in size to the standard King, but a bit brigher compared to the 3-XM-L SRK, though the spill seems to be noticeably brighter.

I have not had time yet to do beamshots, a tear-down, amp draws, etc., but the tail cap in not glued, and un-threads easily.
i will be on holidays for 3 weeks next week, and will do some beam shots during that trip of many of my lights, including this new SRK.

The finish & anodizing is on this light looks very close to Titanium grey, which adds a nice diference to my other SRKs as seen in the photos below.

- Below on the left is the SRK M4 / Titanium ” Kung”, - middle is a SRK Cool white / gold, - Right is a SRK Warm White / Black, - and far right is a Fandyfire Rook / gold.

wow 4 emitter light that brighter than SRK KING? :open_mouth:
must resist :~

i only did a wall-beam test side by side with the standard 3-XM-L CW SRK ( both with full charged set of 18650 TF flames) and the 4-emitter SRK is noticably brighter than the 3-emitter one, meaning so far its promising for this new 4-emitter SRK i just recieved.

could you tear it down please :bigsmile:
i want to see the inner of this light if you don’t mind 0:)

I bought exactly the same torch (on ebay) with vertical stripes about 3 month ago. It had only three LED’s but was a little bit brighter than the original King I also own (don’t ask me which original but was one of the early Kings)
After 3 month every day use I can’t say any negative about this light.

If you can, please measure the diameter of the driver…