SkyRC MC3000 preliminary report

Maybe it’s about time you got yourself a secretary hkj. :wink:

Mongoose, are you volunteering?

Ha ha, i bet there are loads of people who would love to be on the ‘inside’.With my secreterial skills this review would need updating before it got finished!

Looks nice but for now my VC2 and Technoline BC700 are serving me well :slight_smile:

I could self-please myself at those lithium curves. That sharp transition between CC and CV at precisely the CV voltage. That flawless CV current curve. That configurable termination. That flat CC current line, that’s also exactly at amount set. UNF

yeah i might have to preorder on of these and get rid of a bunch of other chargers.

So you’ll be getting one of these then…………for personal use, of course ;). Would be great if you did a review, you know, to let us know how you got on with it :smiley:

Depends on whether I can manage to save up the funds for it. At the moment I’m waiting for this little board that was $5 and a Keystone sled in order to have a cheap way of testing my cells. My VP1 is adequate for my charging needs at the moment.

Some comments about the user interface (I have not really looked at the test data yet):

I do still not like the numbers, when looking at the charger I just get four numbers for the slots, no information about what the slots will do.
If I want to see what is hidden behind a number it is just one keypress, then I can see the program, use up/down to change program number and enter to confirm program number.
To start the programs only a short press on enter is needed. I.e. if you put in a new batch of batteries and the shows program numbers are correct, just press enter to start.

When you change a program, like selecting another charge current, some other parameters in the program will also change, i.e. to get exactly what you want it is a good idea to check the full program, when you do a change (Selecting a program will not change it).

My guess is that I will need 6 LiIon charge program, 4 for 4.20 volt with different currents, one for 4.35 volt and one for 3.6 volt. I might need one more if the charger can charge at very low current, but there might be problems with termination (I will have to look a bit more on that).

During charging I have sometimes checked my voltmeter and the charger display and they always match within 1 digit when charging LiIon.

When do you expect to finish your test ?
I think many are interested in internals of MC3000.

“within 1 digit”means +–10mV between MC3000 and your voltmeter, right?
and how precise your voltmeter is?

Hopefully sometime next week and then I need a week to write the review.

Probably, but I will probably not open it.

Correct, it is +/-10mV. The meter I am using is only a handled meter: Keysight U1272A with 0.05% precision.

chargers arrived today at hkequipment
preorders will be shipped asap

my sample is hold by the customs since 18th… :expressionless:

some photos can be found here -  SkyRС MC3000 | Зарядные устройства (классические) | Страница 26 | Форум FONAREVKA.RU. Check through pages 26-28

WOW that thing is huge…

usb connects nicely
bluetooth has forced closes before anything can happen :frowning:

yep, much bigger that liito kala 500 or opus 3100.
btw the guy who has made that photos prepared more or less detailed review for MC3000 - SkyRC MC3000 или «повелитель аккумуляторов» / Зарядки, пауэрбанки, провода и переходники / iXBT Live
There are no that great graphs as HKJ usually does but still a lot of info that might be interesting to read while waiting for HKJ :wink:
Review is in russian so you can use translator or ask here and I’ll try to translate if smth is unclear.

android app crashes if press “details” button but it allows to configure and save charging profile. and as far as I understand you can start charging right from app accordingly to created profile or stop charging for all 4 slots.

All program settings for a battery:

I hope I got everything in this table, but not everything is available for all cell types and settings are only enabled in relevant modes.

Voltage settings will vary with selected "BATT TYPE".

This is interesting ,

2 X Powerex MH-C9000 >> Ni-Mh >> 8

Xtar VP1 & VP2 >> Li-on >> 8

Replacement /Alternative
2x MC3000 >> 8 ( 3Ax4 = 12A )

Hmmm, I am trying to working out the cost/price difference vs the convenience/ ease of doing the job !!! Sorry No offence meant !!!

I looked at my collection of chargers and decided to get two MC3000 to replace: Xtar VP1, Xtar VP2, 2xPowerex MH9000, 2*iCharger 208B, 4 channel hobby charger.

I get about the same number of slots, but they MC3000 has a some advantages for my usage of chargers.

Can you name give names to your presets or do you have to keep notes so you remember what number does what?

Notes, this in my main complaint about the user interface, except for that it works fairly well.