Slim EDC with Battery Indicator?

Wait seeing this topic
The Astrolux lights in the tail are completely different then cell status lights

The lighted tailcaps by Pilotdog68 are ON when the light is OFF and serve to easy find it and give lights a high cool factor

Cell indication switches (like the Thorfire S70) are ON when the light is ON and give you an idea how much the cells are drained.

There are other ways a light can tell ypu about low cells (Convoys S2+ and C8 for example start to blink)
Others dim first

And cooler BLF firmwares let you blink the actual voltage of a cell

Ahh ok. I knew the AstroLux lighted clickies don’t indicate voltage.

Blinks would be enough for me, really.

Olight S2 has a low voltage indicator plus very strong magnet tailcap. It’s much shorter & thinner than Convoy S2, compact size makes Convoy S2 feel very bulky.

Will the Olight fit a longer protected cell?

Where’s the best place to buy?

Take a good look at the Astrolux MH10. It really is small and the increased head size is only @7mm. The LCD may prove to be a worthwhile item for ya.

my longest baterry panasonic ncr18650b fit in just fine. Actually, every 18650 batteries I own works with Olight S2.
M4D M4X´s deals
PM M4D M4X for code

He want a color indicator, like different colors for charging levels. The olight has just a low voltage alarm, when its below 10? thats more or less the same a s2+ already offers with its main LED. Lights with permanent charging indicators are rare. Klarus has some lights or like mentioned above the new Imalent/Astrolux will show the voltage in realtime with a little display. I like lights with permanent voltage monitoring as well. The noctigon Meteor and some armytek pro models have that as well. They show green for xx, yellow for xx, red for xx. Ive also seen some bikelights lights from jetbeam with that feature

New Eagle Eye X2R XM-L2 550lm.

I’ve got some of those bike lights that do that and it’s exactly what I’m looking for in a small torch like the S2+.

The smallest Light i know with that feature is the Thrunite TC12
http://www.thrunite.com/thrunite-chargeable-flashlight-tc12-3400-1/

A jetbeam Bikelight
http://www.jetbeamlight.com/UploadFiles/2015101614824498.jpg

By the way it seems Thrunite went from a “cheap” brand to a luxury brand when you watch the product prizes recently.

Yea sorry $70 isn’t worth that feature to me. Especially when I can get a $30 bike light that does it. I also can’t see spending extra for unboard USB charging as I prefer better weatherproofing, although if your someone who doesn’t have a charger I can see why it’s worth the extra coin.

If the TC12 was $40 I’d probably be all over it.

It looks like the charge indicator on the Eagle Eye X2R only works while being charged, it doesn’t go green/yellow/red while unplugged and on, because it appears to have a separate low voltage indicator in flashing. I plan on gifting some torches this year, and that might be a good one.

For me personally, I think my dream torch is just a Convoy S2+ with moonlight mode and a constant state “finder led” (ala AstroLux) in the rear cap that would change color based on charge, and go off when the light is on.

exactly, i dont believe the eagle eye shows the voltage status like the thrunite, its just a charging indicator, to indicate charging is finished or not. My dream EDC is a small 14500 light with firefly, high cri LED, either magnet selector ring or tailcap mode selector ring like niteye MSA10 and to top it up a button with real voltage monitoring in blue, orange, red. The magnet ring or tailcap selector ring is not “a must have” for me, the rest is. A light with those features without the magnet ring cant be so complicated to produce. Another possibility is just ramping the modes with a simple button. I dont need an integrated USB ports either and SOS modes. Why flashlight manufacturers never come up with a light like that. Armytek offers something like that with their prime series but the buttons are to hard to push and its a bit bulky for 14500.

The ArmyTrek Prime C2 Pro is pretty much what I’m looking for. The only thing more I could ask for would be a finder light (but that would increase battery drain) and obviously a cheaper price wouldn’t hurt.

Wonder if there are any BLF coupons for the C2 Pro.

Maybe not the slimmest but for EDC use theres also lights like the Zebralight SC52 which have battery indicator mode.

The Battery Indicator on the SC52 is just simply a step-down and flash, similar to many models on the market.

I’d like to be able to know if the battery needs charged prior to needing it, as I keep mine in my vehicles. I don’t like being in a situation where I’m wondering “how much have I used this since the last charge and will it go dead when I need it most?”

It has a finder light, it blinks every x seconds to find the light in the dark. You can also deactivate it. I have the armytek prime c1 pro as an EDC light and soon the klarus Mi7. The armytek prime A1 pro is also nice. It also offers a voltage checker with i think 3 double clicks. It will tell you the exact voltage in a blink code, like 3.5V Has also a magnet in the tailcap. All in all more features compared to the zebralights. It even tells you when overheating. So this thing has battery level monitoring with the colors and it has a voltage checker

I have the AT Prime A2, and I measure the lowest moonlight mode to use only 2.2mA of current. I suspect the C2 version would likely use much less than 1mA. You could always use the lowest moonlight mode (there are two moonlight levels) as an indicator. That wouldn’t be advisable if you leave it on all the time, but a few nights would be manageable without draining the battery much.

Nice!

Is Armytek doing any coupon on those?

Thats the downside, armytek is not available at banggood or gearbest and usually the prices are pretty stable. The offer sometimes 10% or something like that. Maybe you have more luck in the US, here in europe the dealers are strict with the prices, same with any non chinese shop selling manufacturer like zebralight or eagtac. Thats why i mostly buy klarus, nitecore,sunwayman and such brands. I got mine in a rare xmas flashdeal from a german shop. But the prime pro is a nice light and the super matte anodizing is unique in the flashlightworld. You dont need to turn the flashlight on for that locator mode, the sideswitch just blinks from time to time to find it in the dark

Yes, Armytek makes nice lights, and I think they’re priced very reasonable for what you get. You certainly won’t get a tougher light for the price. IMO, the only downside to AT lights is that they’re larger and heavier than other brands, because they’re built with more material and protection. If you don’t need that extra protection, then a brand like Zebralight is a better choice. I like both brands.