Small hotspot

I really don’t know that anyone here can help you with that. What you see in the video is a prop that may have been altered to give the desired effect. I doubt there is enough info in the video to ID whatever it is.

Lighthousefan, it’s unclear what you’re asking for so the first thing we need to do is figure that what you want :slight_smile:

What will you use the flashlight for?

Do you want a beam like:

A:

or
B:

(A: was taken from this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/43254
B: from this thread: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/52833)

We do not recommend buying such a torch light as it is very dated technology. It will be hard to find as it is no longer being sold in most countries. You might find generic or no-brand versions in some shops still. Try your local hardware store.

Ebay 6V lantern torch

This is in Australia, but it appears to be similar to what you are looking for.

Vid 1 is a bare emitter through a large fresnel lens. Optimized to focus the beam output with some garbage cans (LOL).
I am not familiar with fresnel lenses at all. I will defer to others for specifics on that one.

From the beam shots in the vid it looks like an aspheric thrower set to focus. A UF-1504 with a Osram CSLNM1.TG will do this albeit with a very distinct square die image projection, which may/may not be to your liking. The YT-er says it reaches ~500 yards though. I would consider ~400 yards the max range of a 1504. I don’t know of any retailer selling this light in this configuration though.

Heres my UF-1504, it will maintain a beam out to about 250 yards, and flood out all the way out to about 350. But I am using an XPL-HI in mine not the Osram.

Vid 2 flashlight scenes are at 5:40… that’s as far as I watched). It just looks like a small filament incan of some sort. Maybe Mag or similar small filament PR lamp type? I dont think its a P60, P61, P90 type incan like a surefire 6P, 9P or streamlight. They tend to have a football shape hot spot. The video is all close range, within 25-30 feet. So its impossible to tell just how throw’ey it actually is. A LOT of lights will output a beam like this within the short ranges shown. I would suggest a smooth reflector Convoy C8 with a de-dome emitter. Osram CSLNM1.TG or XPL-HI in neutral/warm tint will get this done. Simon should have a Convoy C8 variant that will work. The range distances in the vid are so short you probably don’t even need a de-dome emitter.

Here are some screen captures… You should just post the question directly to the YT’er what flashlight they used. Assuming the YT-er hosting the vid was its actual creator.

Close range, 5~10 feet. Note the camera over-exposes and washes out the hot spot. Pretty certain this is a PR lamp incan of some sort though.

Across the room. Incan / reflector beam irregularity becomes visible.

Down the hall, you can see the side flood against the wall on the left.

This guy here made a nice hotspot but unfortunately its not good for eyes right? And for peephole too

Magnifier:

Magnifier 2:

Peephole:

Can someone reply me?

How much money do yo want to spend and how small do you want the spot?
Also what max distance will you be using it for?

Many people have replied to you, its you who is not reading their responses or asking a quantifiable question in relation to what they replied with or what you wanted instead you linked 3 videos with no indication of what you want, its kind of hard to answer a question when no question is asked but rather 3 videos that have no real connection to each other.

Yeh, instead of a flashlight it’s a trashlight…

I dont see anything harmful ini these vids as far as eye health goes. Its just white light, not UV.

Not buying any of it.

I’m doing my best.
If you have any specific questions just post them here.

I stand by my convoy C8 and UF-1504 recommendations above, based on your first posted videos (as far into them as I watched).
Another good alternative and a step up in cd throw from the C8 is a Convoy L2.

Hand holding a lens infront of a flashlight to create a hot spot seems totally impractical, so does re-purposing a waste basket to try and become a flashlight. (LOL!!) I doubt anyone on BLF would recommend either scenario. If that’s your goal you are better off with a BLF-GT or similar huge reflector thrower.

As far as being “good for the eyes”… It’s simple, Don’t do it if it causes discomfort. Discomfort is your bodys way of telling you to stop. Looking directly into any of my lights hurts so I don’t do it. Others may disagree however.

Sorry about the late reply, I didn’t see this thread.

I too incorrectly thought that those types of TIRs have no spill till I was shown some other photos of their beams. They have a fair bit of spill too. My L17 with the CSLPM has enough spill to comfortably navigate a forest in when your eyes are adjusted to the dark.