SMALL SUN ZY-T16 XM-L T6 5-Mode 1200-Lumen LED Flashlight - (1/2*26650)

thanks. could you perceive a brightness difference?

Thank you for the info and beamshots Richie :bigsmile:

I still not receive mine.

I got my Small Sun in from Manafont today too. Its pretty nice. Looks great.

Thanks for the beamshots Richie!!

Is the pill solid or hollow?

SOLID thanks Richie!!

thats a NICE collection you have there!

I wasn’t able to perceive any difference in brightness.

Hi Agenthex…I wasn’t able to determine that but it didn’t feel cheap in my hand.

Thanks Kramer….I’m glad you asked to see the individual parts. It made me realize how nice it’s actually made. I hope others will be as satisfied as I am with it.

It looks like theres some thermal adhesive thats been squeezed out from under the LED heatsink. A hollow-tube pill won’t do that… theres a good chance the LED heatsink has a solid flat beneath it.

I have just received mine.

I am in the office, so I cannot check it out working, but I have to say, I’ve got a good feeling with it.

There is a flat surface underneath the star yes kramer5150, not too thick, but enough I believe for an XM-L, the side walls of the pill are thick.

The o-ring between the bezel and the lens, is a flat silicon ring, It wonj’t suffer when screwing and unscrewing the bezel, I find it a good thing.

That´s all for now folks!

Check out posts #47 and #49 of mine in Pok’s Manafont thread here: Many Interesting Flashlights from MF (07/10/12)

Basically, the OEM driver was very inefficient and even with sense resistor mods, couldn’t provide more than a max of 1.3A to the LED (stock 1.1A on two cells).

The pill has a solid flat surface and there’s already thermal grease between it and the star, but the driver cavity is very shallow. None of my go-to two cell drivers would fit. In post #49 I describe a new 2+ cell driver that I got very lucky with, and was able to fit it and drive the LED to 2.7A on high with little effort and know-how.

I love the light and hate the (stock) driver.

Now… @DX 8-31-2012

Parallel batt so easy to mod with 7135 V2

Small Sun ZY-T08 Cree XM-L T6 800lm 5-Mode White Light Flashlight - Black (2 x 18650)

edited…
never mind me… appears the pill is threaded into the head on a second look… there goes that idea

Is there any information about modding this flashlight using KD 8x7135 V2 ?
I planned to use this flashlight with 1x18650 or 1x26650 and KD 8x7135 V2 with 2 extra 7135.

Any comparative beamshots between Ultrafire C8 and ZY-T16/Small Sun ZY-T08?