Smallest aluminum Twistie Ever.

That really is small. The Cooyoo mini light I got is 43mm x 12.8mm, and it already seems tiny.

I wish a Lithium primary cell was availiable that is the size of 3 stacked LR41 cells, as the LR41 cells are Alkaline and have a very short storage/shelf life even when not used.

I know very little about cells but think SR would be the way to go.

If you used the light a LOT, I wonder if ZA cells would be worth experimenting with if you could get adequate air flow?
The ZA312 is the same size as a LR41 but with 5 times the capacity, and the larger ZA13 at 7.9x5.4mm is almost ten times the capacity of the LR41. Although I’ve read that once activated the ZA only last a few weeks once activated.

If I can find one cheap enough, I think the Spotlight Speck is going to be the closest to this light that I will find.

Do you have duct tape ?

Could duct tape a MT-G to the top. :bigsmile:

In the quest of finding the perfect cells for my Streamlight Nano, I tried some ZA’s from the Rat-Shack. They were initially better than the alki’s but when I needed it one night a couple weeks later and found them stone-dead without warning that was all I needed to know. SR41’s are better but their price outweighs the performance gains. Back to alki’s in this one for me.

Anyone care to start making a “08140” LIon cell (or smaller) to take these tiny lights more into the EDC catagory?

Phil

^ +1

Thanks for the info on the ZA’s.

I don’t have my calipers to measure, but would a 10180 cell fit and run it? I am sure you already tried and I see where someone else linked the Quantum D2 already. I was just wondering.

The 10180 is to wide. (i don’t think there is enough metal thickness in the small body to drill out to fit a 10180 as this light is not much more than 10mm outside diameter. length wise it would be ok. ( i don’t have a 10180 to take a photo of beside it.

I’m seeing 7.95mm wide by 3.55mm thick on a cheap akli with my cheap dial caliper. Thus my reference above to wanting a 08140 cell: LR41x4 deep.

I discovered the LR521, LR527, and LR516 which are all nominally 5.8mm dia. There’s also a LR416 at 4.8mm nominal so we could go even smaller. In Li primary cells there’s the CR927 at 9.5mm dia, and in LIon of course the 10180. These are the smallest diameter cells listed on Wikipedia so I guess that they are standard sizes.

So we could actually go smaller but with capacity already sub-par with the larger LR41/SR41, I kind of doubt it would be any more than an expensive-to-use toy. If I ever get back to a lathe I might turn one out just for the heck of it- can’t get much simpler a project than this would be.

Phil