So, after all experiances which triple xml are you suggesting?

Can any of these support a single 18650?

I want to make it as short as possible but run it on medium for hopefully about 60-90 minutes.

Anyone want to make any guesses on lumen output at the different modes from the Trustfire?

None of these can do 1 x 18650, but the Trustfire can and those Sky Rays with a break in the extension tubes in the middle can do 2 x 18500. You can get 2 x 18500 cells, no issue. <- You can run on high/medium/low.

Trustfire TF-3T6, 1300 lumens OTF, 550 lumens OTF and 120 lumens OTF. (Out the front) If you want lumens from the emitter then times 1.2 thereabouts.

The "DRY" triple is shorter than the Trustfire 3T6 in shorty mode by about 2 inches. It uses 3 x 18650, but if you feed it with just 2 x 18650 (use a dummy connector like bunched/rolled up aluminum foil) it would start off as about 100 lumens, but then as it slowly discharges for about 10hrs it would be about 30 lumens in the highest mode (a few lumens in low), it probably would give off light for three months this way in the lowest mode but perhaps not very useful. Turbo still works and maybe it's like 1 week? The cell won't be spoiled because it is still above 3.0V.

your going to need atlest 2 x 18650,s for that kind of run time with 3 x XM-l,s

i rate the lumen out put (OTF) higher then 2100 due to the driver being buck + bost and the led,s being wired in series.

Actually the Trustfire TR-3T6 runs fine on a single 18650 with no extensions. You will need a 25-30mm battery spacer/dummy. I made mine from a section of 3/4" aluminum round bar. Just make sure to insert the battery first and have the spacer by the switch.

Yeah of course. I wonder if it lights up with 2 x AA. It can run on 4 x AA alkalines, and pretty bright too (probably overtaxing the Alkalines), so definitely NiMH is no issue.

How many extra extensions are needed to run AA cells? Long or short extensions or both?

2 x AA can be run on the main tube. 4 x AA needs the 3 x 18650 variant.

this is mine on 6 x AA NIMH but i needed all the battery tube extentions from my TR-1200

more info here

TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)