So I wanted to gift a flashlight.. and I was asked if there's sliding switch...

Seems like sliding switches are quite dated and most, if not all flashlights these days work by twisties, clickies or electronic switches.

I had an intention to gift a nice little flashlight to one of my elders, and I thought I’d bring and show some of them, for choosing.

“Hmm… don’t really like tic-tacs (clickies sound) and twist seems troublesome. Do you have any sliding one?”

And I was for a moment stunned. Sliding? Then I suddenly remembered in the past there used to have those cheapies sliding switch lights selling in my local stores… but now majority of decently bright lights seem to only have twisties and clickies.

So now I’m tapping on your knowledge and help you recall the past! :slight_smile: (Getting old sigh…)

Do you have any sliding switch lights to recommend?

I think the only sliding switch flashlights i have seen recently are the plastic double “D” size. The cheapest of the cheapest made.

search ebay for “vintage flashlight” then “modernise it.

its one of those things on my “to do” list,

jayrob also does a few, but they aint cheap, and I think their lithium based, they would make an awesome gift for an elder that could be trusted, or commission o-l to work his magic.

Do the switches on those Fulton angle lights count?

Rayovac Roughneck 2D flashlight has a •User friendly slide switch

I don’t know about this seller, but I’ve seen this flashlight at EdmontonFasteners

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem;PdsSession=d74825c813d0a47a1222a2e2fffd6b33?itemId=261045008448&cmd=VIDESC

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.ca/viewitem?itemId=261045008448

—————————Doh——————————
And now I’ve hit a 1000 posts (~.•) time to go figure out what I can part with LoL
—————————————————————

There is always the Dollar Tree Lampe de Poche a Pince… Swivel head Dollar Tree Lampe de Poche a Pince mod

Check this out. Modern sliding switch. Real inexpensive. ;)

I wonder if you can slide it to low (or high) before turning it on?

old people can't push clickies