So I'm new and dumb

The Small Sun ZY-T08 is also one of the ugliest lights available! I wouldn’t have one if you were giving it to me! Wouldn’t pick it up if I found it on the ground…well, maybe I would, if there were a trash can nearby…

Aesthetics is always a part of what makes anything attractive to an individual. There are those that like the Ford GT-40 and there are those that like the Mitsubishi Montero. Give me the GT-40 any day! :slight_smile:

I have close to 40 lights, have modified and played with close to 200. Some appeal, some do not. There are some that folks clamor over, that I’ve modified, and I wouldn’t have em. And on occasion, a light comes to me that is put together so well, so smartly, that I have to turn around and buy one. While I have yet to make the purchase, the SupFire M6 is one of those. As is the little Balder BD1. And the Romisen RC29 (converted that little AA sized light from a zoomie to a reflector light, at over 500 lumens) The Black Shadow Terminator is an awesome light, along with the Solarforce S2200 and M8. The MAXToch SN6X-2X is a beast of a thrower! (more so when modded) But at the end of the day, looking at all my lights, the XinTD V4 is still standing un-modified. Says a lot for that one right there.

There are different lights for different purposes, and I’ve tried to keep my collection of lights serving those different tangents, but it’s harder and harder not to overlap them. Oh well! :slight_smile: There are a lot of “budget” lights out there, the real trick is finding the ones that would still be a deal at twice the price! Build quality, anodization quality, and attention to detail are the things that make you want to use that particular light over the others. When coupled with a nice beam pattern and high brightness and/or pleasing UI, then it becomes your favorite hands down. Whether it’s almost too pretty to use, or so ugly you need a stick.