SO what's conclusion about diving lights??

I bought the TrustFire TR-J1 from DX

TrustFire TR-J1

I have taken it into the water, but must admit I haven’t been more than a few meters deep yet with it.

So far, it’s been completely leak free, and very bright. Threads and o-rings smooth and lubed, the o-rings are quite snug. Magnetic switch smooth and works perfectly.

The XTAR D35 is coming soon too.

If anyone’s interested, interesting discussion about diving lights is also here - Review: Magnetic control diving light (Cree XM-L T6 | 1 x 18650)

?page=1#comment-221088

New light for consideration.

Same body as the light gcbryan has, t6 emmiter, but its seems to me, different internals (reflector, o-rings maybe even lens… etc)

Also I found this, also Magicshine http://www.bestofferbuy.com/Magicshine-MJ-850-HA-III-SST-50-4-Mode-1200-Lumen-LED-Diving-Flashlight-Set~~~~(US)-p-69590.html?utm_source=shareasalesdf&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_camp&SSAID=465956&utm_source=shareasale&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=affiliate
seems nice light, flat bezel, but little over my budget me currently.

BT-QS66 CREE XPG-R5 180LM 2-Mode White LED Diving Flashlight
Received mine yesterday. 1,35A at the taicap. The battery was 3.86v.
A bright hotspot at the center, and a big circle with even light with lower intencity.
I had to tighten the inner parts of the tailcap to get it in working order.
I used it for abaut 20 minutes and the head got quite a bit warm.
In low mode 0,06A.
Taking it for a dive today.
And yes this is backupligt good as any.
In low mode “instrument light”, that is what i intend to use it for.
At 0.06A it should last for some dives.
And yes i think this will withstand the rated depth.

Be sure to tighten those three screws if possible…
I had Keygos XML version of same light and it leaked in second dive, 20-25 meters maybe

I’m curious as to whether it leaked at depth or after you had come back up to more shallow water?

If the screws were loose, in most designs, it still probably wouldn’t leak at depth as water pressure would be holding everything together. Once you come up and then maybe bump the front lens a little that’s generally when the leak would appear (if it was because of the screws being loose).

I’d be interested to learn when it occurred in your case.

It looks like the XTAR D35 is available now:

http://www.szwholesale.com/xtar-100m-diving-cree-flashlight-p-4301.html

Its not 100% sure (my friend tested it but I havent been n contact with him lately), but as far as I know it leaked at depth. But its not sue information sorry.
He’s proffesional diver with huge experience and he said the flashlight is built nicely (body of only one part etc), and with some modifications I think it can be made 100% proof even at greater depths…

(But Im searching for some light wich doesnt need, or at least doesnt need many or complicated, modifications)