soda can light with sustainable high output?

Take a look at Lumintop GT3.

When I received my unit, I conducted a ~35min test run. Judging by eye, I set the brightness to a level which corresponded to ~70%(again judging by eye) of the brightness of my BLF SP36 LH351D 5000k when on TURBO. Head temperature stabilized and didn’t exceed 59,3°C(measured with pyrometer), body temperature stabilized at 54,5°C and didn’t exceed that. No step-down during this test.When I received the light, I calibrated the temperature sensor and set the thermal limit to 70°C.
I know it’s not very scientific, but for me it somewhat confirmed the impressive performance showed/stated in zeroair’s review.

Cheers

If only it had a tripod mount like the Q8!

If I need several thousand lumens to be sustained, my go-to lights are either my Trustfire TR-J20 or my favorite, the Trustfire TR-S700
Both are heavy lights as seen from some of the specs for the TR-S700 below, but a great deal of heat sinking is necessary to shed all the heat.
The lumens listed for the TR-S700 are actual too.

Model : TR-S700;
Dimensions : length 195 mm * 90 mm diameter ;
Weight: 1278 g;
The light source (LED ): 7xCree XM-L;
The maximum luminous flux of 3800 lumens

Out of curiosity, which LED are you guys recommending in the 3x21A, the SST40 version or the 90.2 version?

SFT40 is the one everyone is getting.

AFAIK, the SBT90.2 only comes in the 4x18 which is very similar except it takes 4 x 1865s.

I am looking at the Imalent MS08

Great response Dave!

I love my X80GTvn. Turned off by X50’s proprietary batteries and hoping the new Manker MK38 is better.

There is a 3x21A SBT90.2 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003189683649.html

But if we are going for sustained output, the SFT40/SST40 would win.

I ordered a Convoy 3X21A with 5000K SST40 emitters. I like Simon’s products and the excellent price (including cells) was too good to pass up. :partying_face:

I’ve enjoyed everyone’s input and am still considering other lights, so let’s keep this thread going!

I’m still tempted by the X50, but the built-in battery is a turn-off.