Sofirn SC01 - new model?? (10180)

The capacity of the included battery is 80mAh.

I’ve both the olight i1r 2 EOS which was given out for free by Olight recently, and the Sofirn SC01.

In terms of physical quality, the knob twisting feels much better on the Olight. The SC01 is in turn much better than the Astrolux M02 (which was terrible), though it definitely feels less polished than the Olight.

In terms of durability, the SC01 will retain its good looks much longer as a keychain light due to its stainless steel material. The anodized Olight already looks worn out after a few weeks.

SC01 feels brighter at max brightness, though I’m not sure whether it’s due to its smaller hotspot. Olight is floodier.

Update: the stock oring is a little tight for my liking. I’ve changed it to the stock oring from a Tank007 TK703. It now feels much smoother, and very close to the Olight i1r 2 EOS.

The Olight i1R EOS is prone to flicker when rotating. I’ve cleaned the threads and contacts and that fixes it for a time, but then it comes back. Also, the travel between low and high is a bit long, and once in high it will still turn almost 60 degrees before stopping. The Sofirn SC01 does not flicker. The travel from low to high feels shorter and once at high there’s barely a couple millimeters travel until a hard stop. It just feels much better. And of course, the SST20 4000k emitter just blow away the harshly cold Olight i1R.

I don’t plan to EDC this on a keychain. The all steel SC01 is too heavy. It’s fine for a micro-pocket light. But I’d like to see an all aluminum version for keychain use.

I agree that it is to heavy, but it is better than the half dozen or so others I have that are about the same size so I carry it anyway….

The 10180 that came with my SC01 tested far above its 80mAh rating at 50mA discharge from 4.19 to 2.80V. Well, “far” as a percentage anyway:

The #3 on the right came with the SC01, the left two are from Sofirn’s webpage and tested much worse. Of course the, um, 9mm brass spacers may affect the results. Resistance was in the 500-600 mOhm range.

Love the spacers… do whatcha gotta do! Interesting about the variance. Perhaps varying manufacturers / batches / etc?