Sofirn SF31 mod tip.

So I bought a Sofirn SF31 (VG 15) during one of their recent irresistible Amazon deals. The light’s pretty good as is but was way to reasonable in terms of output and heat production so I had to fix it. The addition of a 4000K XP-L2 emitter on noctigon and MTN FET + 1 driver fixed the heck out of it but left an annoying 0.5mm gap between the bezel and the head. This is because the noctigon is just that much thicker than the stock MCPCB. Fortunately, the lens is a full 2mm thick allowing the purchase of a thinner lens to deal with the gap. What is needed is the 20mm by 1.5mm AR coated lens available at Mountain Electronics. Works great and no more gap.

Brian

Dunno the depth of the reflector, but how would a standard 20mm TIR lens fit in it? Generally, they’re a tad shorter than reflectors they replace (eg, in the S2+), but dunno by how much.

If the reflector is similar to the SP32/SP32A, a regular TIR fits in diameter, but probably not in height.
I moded my SP32A with a TIR I had from a cheap SS light! You can take a look at it here: UPDATE! "REVIEW" & Mods: Sofirn SP32A [It is now a TRIPLE :D ] (Pic Heavy) - #14 by MascaratumB

Please note that this TIR is taller and larger in the head that the regular TIRs (at least without the “shoe”).