Solarforce Gladiator clone

Gladiator clone

UPDATE: Another Gladiator clone was posted before a while back here but that one was a higher priced ultrafire version.

This Tomtop version is less expensive than the ultrafire.

Now I wonder if this thing is lego with Solarforce and P60, I’m also thinking MPP-2.
I’m also curious how this works, with the clones showing only 2 batteries.

UPDATE:
Even cheaper at Tomtop’s aliexpress store

Ordered. Since I also just ordered an SK68 from there earlier tonight!

but if it was a gladiator clone, it would take 4x18650…
and why are they not making baseball bats and gladiator clones in the heavier 26650 variety? J)

Maybe it does, it’s the exact same length. For now the battery question is a mystery…I’ll post the answer here when I receive it.

Nice… I’ll be waiting :wink:

I have one, got it a few weeks and I like it overall. It’s a heavy beast, really heavy, and takes a P60 drop in. It takes 2x18650, but I’m thinking of switching the drop in and using a single cell + dummy. Let me know if you have any questions about it.

EDIT: pie in the face time…this does NOT take a P60, it looks almost identical but is slightly larger, sorry

Discussed also here, with not-so-great impressions: "Gladiator" only 15$ !!!

Did you get the Ultrafire branded one? Where did you get yours?

Do you have the long one or the short one?

If you have the long one, being it’s the same length as the Solarforce, can this take up to 4 batteries like the Solarforce does?

Why do you want to go down to one battery and what will you use for the dummy batteries?

Do you know if the threads can lego with Solarforce parts?

Good to hear it takes a P60!

Sorry about the P60 snafu, my error, I’m not a details guy! For the money, I still like the light but I’m not as demanding nor as picky as some others…ymmv

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

No problem, Thanks for the reply and all answers, and thanks for looking again about the P60. …The… had the shorter one so I had (a slight) hope maybe the longer one was different.

Thanks for the link, too bad it’s not P60 & lego compatible. I don’t think I’ll be too disappointed with it, now that I know what to expect, and for only $23 it may just make for an interesting modding project someday, or if it’s really horrible since I got it on ali express I may be able to withhold payment and put their “escrow” feature to the test.

Also I was reading your review of the real SF Gladiator Thanks for a great review. I think I may consider just getting one of those since they are still at the reduced price from solarforce sales ($59.99 for the body or $72.99 with dropin)