Solarforce L2i hosts still available anywhere?

That works, too. In fact, I can get by with the sanding wheel on the bench grinder. Generally I do two stages: grind then sand. The grinding wheel will take it down FAST, which really isn’t necessary. Love the sidewalk idea :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks guys. Might have to give it a shot at some point.

Btw, solarforce.hk finally provided me with some information after it became clear to them that I wasn’t going to settle for a generic reply:

I imagine that demand would have to at least double, perhaps even quadruple, before solarforce would do a production run. I mentioned to them that there would likely be more interest if they did some in HAIII, and paid careful attention to full 18650 compatibility (the longer protected ones), and even that doing a final small production run in response to community interest would generate some brand loyalty and possibly lead to further sales of their other products (which I think is true), but I guess this says it all. Anyone know 10,000 people who want one, or a smaller group of people who collectively want 10,000, in some reasonable time frame? Bummer!

I guess the silver lining is the new products they say they are now developing. Something good I hope :slight_smile:

(oh, and anyone who really likes the L2r better get another one soon)

If 200pcs per month is low demand, I wonder where they sell all their lights? I mean, BLF and CPF are rather big, but I doubt that both buy anything near 100 SF lights per month..

Hopefully they'll offer a 26650 host soon.

Over at CPF right now, there are 169 members and 531 guests online. Here at BLF there are 50 users and 654 guests. I guess we have to remember that the communities are actually much larger than participation would suggest. And there are untold numbers who possibly don’t visit forums at all, or at least not very often.

But having said all that, I was very surprised by the numbers they threw out as well.

I have one that’s about %95-97.5 new condition. From the moment it arrived I never felt the admiration others did. This torch will chew up battery wrapper tops [18650] if your not carefull. It has battery lenght issues also. AAA size lights are available all over the place. A UF 504b or a L2 is less bulky for pocket carry. Last while it tailstands, during winter it’s hard to change modes with gloves.

Resource scarcity is in play & why I don’t have mine for sale [yet]. This model filled a small niche that was not commercially viable.

If anyone wants to get a l2r for a reasonable price you can get 2 for 45 dollars.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Solarforce-L2-L2r-AA-1-Ultrafire-WF-105B-CR123-Flashlight-Body-/360466431212?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item53ed793cec#ht_500wt_1050

I thought L2r is also available from solarforce-sales for ~15$?

I am almost positive at some point Solarforce will re-release the L2i. I was late to the party also so the waiting begins for the new HA3 coated L2i.

Is it low class of me to brag that I have five L2i's? Three of them I bought from Solarforce when they were $7.99 (one silver) and believe it or not, the other two I traded a BLF member (can't remember who) for a couple of UF 504B hosts.

I yelled as loud as I could about how awesome the L2i was and people may have taken it more seriously if it wasn't so inexpensive. I actually ordered quite a few of these and put cheap XR-E and XP-G modules in and gave them as gifts. I think Langcjl gave a few away too.

This was back when I was into GITD.

l2iloverFoy

No. But if you had done it in the 3rd person that would be different. :slight_smile:

It also makes some of us jealous.

Foy has five L2is. Foy really likes L2i's. Foy is apostrophe confused.

pluralorpossessiveFoy

I feel your pain. You want to add an apostrophe, because if you don’t it seems to violate the integrity of the product name, but using one is not technically correct.

I don’t have a solution, but at least you’re not alone :wink:

Actually, wait. It seems that pluralizing single letters is done thusly: the word flashlight has two h’s in it. So the phrase “Foy really likes L2i’s” would have to be correct, or close enough anyway :slight_smile:

One new for $55 shipped and one used for $35

0:)

Welcome to BLF, Dsche!

Gotta love the A001 head . . .

Foy

My new L2i arrived from Croatia a couple of days ago (thanks to Hrvoje). I quite like it. The XM-L drop-in I am using is pulling 1.5 amps from some Varta LSDs so still puts out a bunch of light. Run time will suck on high in that configuration of course, but it doesn’t matter. I still really like 3xAAA lights, and this is about as bright as they get.

I found black a little boring though, hence I just couldn’t resist baking it. The result was a pleasant surprise to say the least.

The L2i is at its best with an 18650 in there. I use unprotected Panasonics and it turns the L2i into a powerhouse ala L2/L2P.

Foy

what a great looking light!! 10000 units is a big commitment though… i wish the blf community had access to a cnc workshop where we could get small batches of our own version of lights like these made!!