Solarforce M6 NOW AVAILABLE !!

Too bad no middle brightness. I would love to see low(50 lumens), Mid(200L or as bright as Q5@1A) and High(XML@3A). An optional battery tube for 2x18650 and lower price of around $50

It's still rather expensive though, the fact that there are nutters who will pay $1000 for a light doesn't really change that.

PierswantsaspyFoy

And the Jetbeam BC40 is still probably a much better buy, $62.

Yups....Now I just have to wait for a 95% off sale :P

that review was mine at manafont..

the 4.6a rading was day one right out of the box..I assume there was some burn in of the led or something because I cannot recreate the 4.6a reading..which is really good because 4.6a is way too much for the xm-l..the readings now stay around the 4a mark (as high as 4.2a on certain cells which must have a lower internal resistance)..greta light for the price though..amazed at the quality for the 43 bucks..

Too $$$! I just built an XM-L from an L2P, Shiningbeam driver piggybacked to 4.2A and an Illumination Supply P60 kit and it'll kick the M6's ass, and for a lot less!

That M6 looks nice though... A+++ on asthetics.

Rich

Hehe, just the same experience.

I have this with many lights, out of the box a higher reading, after a few hours (burn-in?) the current drops and stabelize.

Now I also have a max current of 4.2a with the UF 980-L.

But still as bright as helllllll

I like the this flashlight a lot. Is gorgeous, but to expensive. $ 50 - $ 55 would be the right price.

Something else I don't like about this flashlight are the modes. 100% and 10% is not enough. (100%, 35% and 5% would be good). Strobe is useless. Even if the price was right I won't buy because of the modes.

yeah man..your comment about the lower amperage rating after awhile made me retest my light on different cells..and I found the same thing you did..lower current across the board..

the xm-l's don't get any brighter after 3.5a from the tests i've seen..so 4.6a is just wasting current and making heat..I always run the light on the cells that give me a 3.8a reading just for runtime and less heat etc..

the light is a showstopper..people are amazed at what it does..one of my favs!

Beamshots ?

And is it hot ?

Nobody has not?

AT 1000+ prices, I'm holding out for the 99% off sale :bigsmile:

Now available for $53. That's good price.