Solarforce Redeemed Themselves

Yep, they will fix it. Getting the wrong item after waiting for it can be a let down but it happens.

I’d guess that someone who recently ordered a drop in from them just got a whole flashlight in the mail…

Hope it works out.

852 is a Hong Kong number, so the odds are pretty good he’ll get some passable degree of English, even if they have to pull in a coworker to handle it.
Just avoid slang and speak slowly, and you can generally get by dealing with them.

(English as well as Mandarin are required courses throughout grade school here)

It sounds like you’re looking for an excuse to be mad more than looking for an actual solution.

Have fun with that. :slight_smile:

It’s possible that Solarforce sent the drop-in separately from the host, and you just got the drop-in first.

Actually I have already emailed solarforce. And yes I am pissed. I have a very unusable piece of a flashlight. I’m mad at my self for being impatient and ordering from the first site I looked at. I’m mad at solarforce for being half way around the world and screwing up the order.
But, as my luck goes, I’ll probably get the correct item in the mail later today.

They sent the wrong drop in, and I haven’t gotten any other shipping notices.

Right… :slight_smile:

Shit happens! I’ve had bad orders come in, but I don’t rip on the seller if they resolve my issue. When I’m paying a seller to package an item and send it half way around the world, and get the product cheaper than I would anywhere locally, I really can’t complain when the occasional slip-up happens.

Calling responses to your thread “douchebaggery” because we don’t agree with your reaction probably isn’t a great way to start your posts on this forum. Everyone else had a good experience with the seller - should we all stop buying or hate on them because they made a mistake for one seller? Please let us know how they handle it…that is much more valuable.

Ex. a month or so ago, Wallbuys sent me a light with XM-L instead of XM-L2 LEDs. I emailed them, and they gave me a decent discount on another light I wanted, and also a 10% off coupon code. Because of this, in my book WB is still a fair, reliable seller and I will continue to buy from them. The day they refuse to address one of my claims, is the day I complain here and stop purchasing from them.

That said, I hope your issue is resolved fairly and quickly. We all know the patience required to wait 3-4 weeks for a new light!

Cheers.

I didn’t get a deal I couldn’t have gotten elsewhere. I thought I was buying from solarforce, the company that manufactures the light I ordered. I could understand some eBay seller in Taiwan selling rejects or factory seconds. I got a response from Jo at 6am est, 6pm hong Kong time. I responded with a picture of what I received, and a screenshot of my checkout within 5 minutes. No response yet. I’m being fairly patient with this, more po’ed at myself than anything for getting excited about receiving the correct order the first go round. Good company’s in my mind, don’t make mistakes like this. If it were a gun part or something that is super necessary, I’d be done, want a refund, and never shop with or near that company again. Its a flashlight though, I already have one, and don’t necessarily need the one I ordered. But its the principle of getting orders right the first go round, especially when it takes 10-14 days to ship.

Here is a test,

tacticool

8)

Well i doubt that…. haven’t seen solarforce lights cheaper as with them…

Well, ordering from china always takes it’s time, and i understand they don’t man the phone/mail all day. Price has to come from something. As in this case it does not come from quality, it has to come from personnel cost.
Also well known USA companies screw up many times, but are “forgiven” more easily due their “good name”

Say you said, if it was a mission critical component, you should never have ordered overseas. I would even not have ordered online, but went to a local shop to get wat i need in that case.

If you want to spent double, and have your items delivered a few days faster, then buy usa , but don’t complain when they screw up and don’t want to help to make things right. My experience with after sales of these “chinese” companies are even better than with some USA and even Dutch (as i am from the netherlands) based companies. Getting money back here can take up to 6-8 weeks… (not many online shops here accept paypal, or it they do they ask extra percentage)

No offense dude, but unless you’re perfect 100% of the time, don’t expect perfection from others 100% of the time. Mistakes happen. We’re defined by how we handle our mistakes, not by the mistakes themselves.
You’re mad because you were all excited about your new light… And were let down! Frustration is okay, it’s normal, but give the company time to fix a mistake before dragging them through the mud.
If they don’t make right? Well, yeah, then blast the crap out of them.

Wrong item

Finally, after 5 days, and I don’t know how many miscommunications between “Jo” and myself, I’ll get what I originally ordered. He told me to keep the drop in I received for my troubles. He said he would ship express, but wound up shipping standard.
I wasn’t meaning to drag anyone through the mud, well, maybe the USPS. It takes 3 days for a shipment to reach the us(NY), but 7 to get to me(NC). Which makes no sense. I received an order from Alaska within 3 days. Not to mention when I got a delivery notification, and nothing was in the box, I called the local po, only to get the “you’ll get it when you get it” speach and hung up on.
Anyway, I’m off to try to patiently wait.

The worst part is once you get it you’ll want to order 20 more. Solarforce is p60 crack.

Eh, doubt it. I just took a HUGE pay cut at work, and my gf was let go from her job, so their won’t be anymore toys for a looong time.

When you ordered from Alaska, it was the same country. The main delays in China shipments is customs (TERRIBLE) and the time it takes for a boat to chug halfway across the world

All the Solar Force talk make me wanna go order another one…

Like I said, it took 3 days from China to NY per USPS shipping tracker. That’s through customs and all. It took another 7 days from Flushing, NY to the local p.o. I’m sure there were other stops between there and here, but as I said before, 3 days from Alaska and that’s the same country, but has to cross the entire us to get to NC.