Solarforce S2200 MT-G2

My tracking number was not registering before, and I thought it was just typical HK Post.

But then today I check and it says it was posted only yesterday.

This and the taking-five-extra-days-off-without-telling-anyone thing really pisses me right off.

Mail sent on the 4th:

I call bull.
Now I remember why I try to bundle everything from SolarforceFS together. It's not the 2 dollar shipping which never goes away despite how much you spend, it's the goddamn lost orders and wrong shipments.

Yeah mine just showed up in tracking today too. I am probably not going to order from them again.

I call bull on your profanity. Rules is rules, and that’s a biggie.

I didn’t get the memo stating a company had to ask it’s customers when it planned leave. They most likely took 2 working weeks of vacation, with weekends and holidays giving 5 extra days. Don’t you do that when you plan your vacations? Maximize the time? I always did.

Ohaya just posted a thread about how fast he got an order from FT, 6 days. My Solarforce S2200 came in 6 days as well. The explanation was given that sometimes everything falls just right and the package moves through the system very fast, and sometimes it doesn’t. Well, the times that everything clicks have been few and far between…perhaps they’re getting better at it though and we’re getting spoiled to the fast service.

You could always pay a gazillion dollars to send it back if you’re not happy with em, but then, you’re probably just rambling cause you don’t have a new light to play with… :slight_smile:

Not from FT it's from this seller in 6 days: http://www.ebay.com/itm/360567889254?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

my tracking number hasnt even updated yet either and it shipped over a week ago

i guess this is typical… just getting antsy to get this one

As I recall, the tracking information wasn’t available most of the route. I never got the out for delivery information, but did after about 4 days see it in the hub city nearest me. After that it just showed up, the tracking information showed that the next day.

I signed up with USPS online a few weeks ago and have used it to print labels and pay a few times now. They have a box to tick that sends emails to you when it’s scanned. That’s pretty cool, literally every time a place scans it, you get notified. When I sent some parts to RBD when he was building my little AAA MiniMag it worked like that. But I’ve also sent a package that showed nothing, so I guess it’s hit and miss.

I don't know who your boss is, but if I put in two weeks leave, my boss would be down right p*ed off if I rocked up to work only on the fourth week. And I'd agree with him. Two working weeks is 10 working days.

I'm not annoyed at the HKP system, I've had more than my fair share of experience with them. I'm annoyed at how SFS said they had shipped it almost two working weeks ago, and the tracking system only says shipping information lodged yesterday, and processing for dep today.

You're damn right that's my problem.

I've held off on at least half a dozen lights just because I have my conscience telling me, "You already have that beautiful monstrous beast coming." It's gotten me real jumpy.

I’m my boss. Makes it easy to take off when I want to. :wink:

Mostly, I see your point and of course its from the employee side. But if your Boss wanted to close for 2 weeks, would he ask you? Or his customers? I have no idea where the extra 5 days came into play, but would assume from holidays during that period. Maybe the place flooded while they were off and they had to clean up before resuming, I don’t know.

But the venting would be much more productive in Solarforce emails instead of here. Like I said, they had mine being shipped even before I could arrange payment…must be a difference in employees. I’ve always wondered how that worked, I personally wouldn’t give a tracking number till the parcel hit the post but that’s just me.

Again, the Admin asks us to keep the threads clean or he’ll close our accounts. So cuss if you must, but please direct it at the source of the problem not at the folks here that might also be dealing with this kind of issue.

For what it’s worth, it truly is a beautifully built light with amazing tint and beam pattern. It’s not going to be your best thrower, but it does light up a massive area with a nice slightly warm white wall of light. I’ve been enjoying the heck outta mine for almost 3 weeks now :wink: Probably the only light I have that doesn’t need modification in some form or other. Oh, I did put a rubber washer under the tripod mount plug to protect the anodization.

For the record, SFS explicity stated on their website they would be back and processing orders on 5-30-13

Mine did not get shipped until 6-4-13, which is the day they posted they were back on their website. They took an extra 5 days of vacation after explicitly stating when they would be back. My light did not actually get shipped until 6-13-13.

What they did was not acceptable. It would be if the expectation was set ahead of time, but they made a commitment and posted it on their own website. As a business owner, you should know as well as anyone that this is not a good way to run a business.

It’s not. It might have taken them til the 4th to catch up, but to say it’s shipped then it doesn’t go out for a week, that’s bad business.

Perhaps if you contact them about it, ticked off as you are, could be they’ll throw in some cells to run that light to show apology. That’s what I’d do, were it me.

my light is finally processed through customs in california… just has to make it across the states now… i think i should see mine by wednesday if all goes well

my tracking number says mine was delivered at 445 am this morning… didnt see a package anywhere when i left… prob will show up this afternoon im hoping

edit:

its here!!!

Glad to hear some good news!

I hope that all is well with it!

this thing is nuts!

only other single emitter light i have that comes close is my 9amp sst90 maglite

this thing cranks out a lot of light in every direction… and its a nice neutral too

has a hint of brownish tint like a 219 sort of… its nice

can i see some beamshots against your super shocker?
if not, which one is floodier and brighter?

[/quote] this thing is nuts! [/quote]

I measure my tailcap current to be 2.26A on fully charged protected Pana NCR18650Bs.
It's winter here and it's a wonderful table lamp/hand warmer for long study nights.

ill try and take some this weekend - the super shocker is brighter and has more throw and flood… but its kicking out well over 4000 emitter lumens… probably closer 4500… but dont let that fool you, the s2200 is very very bright and has a very nice tint

my 2 fav lights right now are the super shocker and the s2200… i dont think i really need any other lights (at least for today lol)

what in the heck! the super shocker has more flood also? thats crazy. i might as well get a supershocker then haha.

I know that they say to compare apples to apples and all that, but being relatively new still in the flashlight world I find myself making that classic old mistake and comparing apples to oranges. I’ve had some success with modding a couple of lights and gaining fairly substantial power by bypassing the springs with a copper wire. Just recently gained 670mA that way in a light that I built. My very first one.

So, with that success hanging on the cobwebs of my mind (caught up there with some apple seeds) I decided to (dare I say it, gasp!) take my S2200 apart and see what I could do. I figured that with a battery carrier and 3 cells, with 3 springs in there possibly giving resistance to the amperage that really wanted to flow…and another large spring in the tailcap…and another on the driver (cursed last screw that just won’t come out!) I’d see if I could get some serious gains in this already serious light.

I am also still new with soldering. Am very happy with the results I’ve been getting from my new Hakko 888 station. That said, soldering a short 22ga silicone covered wire inside the springs of the battery carrier and the larger spring of the tail switch turned out beautifully. Except for one thing. My amperage reading went down from 2.15 to 2.10. This orange doesn’t like being treated like an apple. :frowning:

It hit me that the 12.6V is being bucked down to 6 volts in this application, and if that applies to amperage as well then the driver itself is not allowing the gains I was looking for. Can anyone tell me if this is the case? The tricks that worked for other lights won’t help this one? Would I, then, be better off removing those spring bypass wires?

What WILL help this light, short of replacing the driver? And can anybody tell me why in the world I’m feeling the need to make improvements to a light that is already awesome? :~

Efficiency increased, that's why input current went down. That's a good thing. If it were a direct drive setup a drop in tailcap numbers would be bad, but in this case the light now requires less input power to still send the same amount to the emitter.