Solarforce

I’m fairly new to this forum but have been a member at CPF since around 1995. Why don’t I see much about the Solarforce line on here??? Was there ever a time when lights like the L2 and L2P were popular on BLF? I’ve been on a Convoy buying spree but they don’t seem like they are built as solid as some of the old Solarforces. Maybe I’ll have to run over one of my S2+’s to get a better idea!!! :slight_smile:

They’re still pretty popular! they probably don’t get talked about as much because they haven’t done a new “normal” model in awhile (not counting the L2E and L2B). Also, Hot-rodding is a big thing lately and the P60 platform isn’t as conducive to that.

Search for any threads by Foy, he was the resident SolarForce cheerleader around here (wrote some great reviews). He convinced many of us to part with our hard earned cash.

I love S/F lights, still EDC a Z2 as a back-up light at work and have 8 or so L series lights with various, home made drop ins.

I think they just kind of ran their course here, lately there’s a buzz around the Convoy brand. Come back in a year and maybe it will be something else, doesn’t take anything away from SolarForce or Convoy.

It also seems like a fair number of people stay away from the P60 format due to heat management. Personally I’ve never had any heat issue with my S/F P60. A few are up to 6.0 amps, I just don’t run them wide open for extended periods. I don’t run my 6.0 amp Convoys wide open for extended periods either for the same reason.

You gotta do some research and reading son. Plenty of good info on here regarding Solarforce. B

Solarforce makes some good lights I still use today, I Love the Skyline 1

BTW DavidW founded CPF on Aug of 2000 not 1995, I been a member there since Jan 2001 and a lurked since Nov of 2000…

I love my L2P. Great host. I think more than anything the whole P60 platform is kinda on the decline in popularity, or it seems that way to me.

I’m a P60 junkie. Long Live the P60/SolarForce. I’ve got a few from an XP-G2 thrower to a triple XP-L 9.3 amp beast. It’s decline seem to be from all the clones either going out of business or building their own lines that are not P60 compatible. It is a modder platform; copper tape for snug fits, finned heads, custom switches, multi dropins, etc. Size couldn’t be move perfect.

Just checked, my join date was 11-07-2005. I was only 10 years off!! :slight_smile:

Solarforces are not so much in the topics nowadays but they are still my Most Used lights of all. 8)

Would love to but I have a question first: Where the heck is the search function on this site? :~

If you don't have ad-blocking software running, it's in the top left corner of every page of BLF. ;)

Use this: Search results for '' - BudgetLightForum.com
then ignore the upper left corner and instead put the search into the center of the page

Stopped doing business with them after this;

They drug their feet fixing a big hole in their web site exposing customers personal data.
That is when they took a big hit here on this site and elsewhere.
Much deserved.

I can tolerate bogus lumen specs and slow shipping, but to be cheap and lame on web site security is inexcusable.
JMHO

I am relatively new to flashlights and started my addiction with Solarforce. i do up to 3-4 amps on them and they are good for the regular use around the home. Not the best throwers or the smallest for EDC but they their use cases.

even have one in my garage and one in my car.