Solarstorm T3 and T4

my T3 was shipped yesterday - lets see what i get from banggood…

By the way, as far as SupFires are concerned I have three M6 units and one L1 five LED light. Two of the M6 units are RMM modified units, one a level one and the other a level two. The third M6 and the L1 are both stock units ordered from China. All of their battery holders and battery holder end caps are interchangeable and have the same feel when screwed together in any combination. No binding or noticeable slop or looseness. Very different quality level than the Solarstorm T3 and T4 lights show.

this is really dis-heartening, i was in the market for another soupcan light and had high hopes for the T4 and T3.

You may want to consider this too.

Wow what’s that again? Any link?

Ill probably pick one up anyway. I still think they seem promising. Especially as mod hosts. I would really like to know if they have a decent pill though. I already have some lights that could need some work. Can anyone tell me? How is the T4 reflector? Nicer and wider than other quad lights?

I like the L2 design. L2 can be discussed in the Solarstorm L2 thread. Lets keep this thread to the T3 and T4 please.

Sorry, I didn’t mean to hijack this thread, just that I never notice about the existing of the L2 and happened to ask about it.

59 mm outside diameter so about the same as the SRK and M6. Large internal overlap between the four reflectors so that they overlap a lot causing the central peak where they all come together to be relatively low. Larger reflectors with more overlap and a lower center point than my 3 LED SRKs.

You are wrong. The continuously variable/stepless adjusted brightness level is a very bad idea.

Read DENGOH’s comment here. He clearly describes why the stepless/infinite variable brightness level is an useless thing, and why the predefined levels are better. His comment is good, so I’ll quote it:

But if you want a light with continuously variable level, buy TrustFire TR-S700 .

More throw isn’t better. The flood lights are better (a mix of throw/flood, but if it’s more of a flood, then it’s better).

No. The reflector design looks disappointing. I don’t like spotlights.

Oh no. You convinced them to make it worse. You advised them the wrong direction.

4 × 18650 is much better, because it provides more runtime and more power for the LEDs. They should have to make these new lights in 4 × 18650.

You are coming across as quite gregarious or if vocabulary isn’t your thing then we shall go with rude to other forum members IMO.

Asorei;

You are presuming ramping controlled by a switch and ramping speed determined by the light manufacturer. I have some older Olight Infinitums with ramping controlled by head loosening/tightening and agree that it is a bummer. I was referring to continuously variable controlled by a magnetic ring like is used on many Jetbeams, Nitecores and some others. Calling any UI WRONG is to me narrow minded and presumptive that your opinion is better than someone else. People, uses and circumstances can cause UI preferences to cover a wide range. Remember what they say regarding opinions and what they are like!

The ring may not be ideal as the parasitic load, particularly at low output levels, tends to be high but to me it is still an excellent UI. I also have a couple of lights with the RMM 7 level UI and one SupFire M6 coming with the newest version of it which may eliminate my minor dislikes of the older version seeing as how the changes are based on my suggestion to Richard

FT listed LED temp 8000-8500K. Is there obvious bluish tint?

As Rich pointed out, the tailcaps seem to be glued. If anything like the K2 -- I hope not. I tried all the techniques to open the K2 tailcap with no luck - nothing worked to open it (strap wrench's, in bag in boiling water, heat gun, etc.). It's a show stopper for me - not mod friendly.

Got my T3 today from KD, looks good so far but the UI takes time to get use to I think.
Tom E: Have you tried the inner cap att the end? The outer seems to be in one piece. Haven´t tried yet!

Is the on/off markings the wrong way maybe or is it a function that I´m not aware off yet?

Sorry for the bad English!

Didn't see an inner cap on the K2, hhmm. I'll take another look this eve.

Welcome to BLF.

Thanks!
Tested it in the basement and it´s much more blueish and spottier beem compare to PD35. Gets hot very quick wich is good I suppose!

Yes, you are right. There is an inner cap screwed in. The outter part is part of the battery tube body.It is not like the k2. The k2 springs were generic steel. The t3 and t4 springs are a brass copper color