SOLD - HD2010 with an XP-L led.

Old lumen have you put an xp-l in a c10 or c-8x ??
Would it throw better than xm-l ??

I have not. I really just hate those C8 and C10 lights. The styling I mean. They still look medieval to me. They look like something from the 1800s. Just can't seem to get past the visual. I know they are cheap throwers, but I just won't mod something so ugly, even though I have a time or two, when someone has sent them to me. I like the HD2010 and they are cheap enough and have a good beam.

Actually, the more I mess with these overseas lights, the more I just want to stick to 2D LED Maglites with MT-G2 leds in them.

I despise C 8 but. C8x looks good to me. and c10 is ok.
For those without, C 8x is keygos KE-5 and there’s a prairie fire clone in bronze color. The C 8x is smaller outside than C 8 and fits the back pocket better. These two C 8x come with turbo direct. I like HD 2010, but not for pocket carry.
— I am glad your light was sold. I would find it hard to resist.

Sorry O-L, no difference in the die…BUT, it’s a newer higher binned emitter. Remember that the XM-L2 is an U2 output bin, while the XP-L is a V5 or V6. Higher binning, more output. Same die face on a smaller base. That accounts for your throw difference. :wink:

have you ever tried this light?
You must agree to purchase.

greet

yezl y3

Nope, I haven’t seen one before. Like the side switch.

it have great headsink & trow better than the hd2010!+feel much better on the hand +real ss bezel

If you mean incandescent hosts, I genuinely hope you have some mod fodder stock saved up. They’ve been on clearance at the HDs near me for about 6 weeks. They were also fairly recently relegated to a single rack (previously two racks - colors and grey/black) at the W@lm@rt closest to me in addition to another price markup by ~15% to about $19.

On the upside - maybe once most places stop selling incandescent Mags, the regular price of the LED versions will drop slightly.

I will buy LED versions, since the led reflector is great for an MT-G2. Makes the price go up, but doesn’t everything?

I agree. An LED reflector is definitely a must. The incand one simply doesn’t work well with LED mods in my experience.

Maybe you’ve seen this one already, but this plastic reflector from FT is practically a Chinese clone of the MagLED reflector: Depth = 42mm, Diameter = 51mm. It looks to me like the usable reflecting diameter may be a little bit smaller (by ~2mm, perhaps) than the MagLED.

I haven’t tried this one personally and FT says it’s “for” XR-Es, but it should work with all LEDs as long as you can tweak the focus - just like how the MagLED reflector will work for an XP-E or an MT-G2. I think you’d need to open up the emitter hole of the FT reflector a tad for an MT-G2, though.