[sold out] SKY RAY 6 x Cree XM-L2 T6 3-Mode Cool White Light Flashlight - Black (4 x 18650) US$ 25,76 free shipping @ DX

I signed on just now hoping to find this thread. I ordered one each from DX China and DX US. I got the one from US in about 10 days, but have not yet received the one from DX China.

It’s true what I said about the one I got from DX US. I’m guessing that the one B42 is not the same exact light, newer cost reduced stock. Probably doesn’t have good heat sinking, that could explain the blueish output and the eventual death of one of the emitters.

DX China said they shipped mine on April 1, I haven’t received it yet, maybe they were only fooling.

Just got mine yesterday(5-27), ordered when this thread first went up. Never track my packages so I have no idea when it shipped.

I got a black 6*XM-L2 one from USDirect…yeah not as bright as the 3*XM-L one I have…only problem is…dang thing is glued up tight!

I am not going to futz with it till I get my 3*XM-L that I cratered back up and running as a 3*XP-G2 running at 1750mA per channel thrower…but it’s going to take a bit to get there

Wouldn’t you know, the day after I contact them after waiting patiently for almost 2 months from the day they said they shipped it, I get it!

Same exact light that I got earlier from the US store that only took 10 days. Very happy with this one too.

Well, even with perceptual differences, my Convoy S2s with 8 chips aren’t THAT much dimmer than the 6x SRKs I got from DX. They are that bad. Not that the Convoys are bad but to beat one emitter’s output should take less than 1/5th output each emitter of the Convoy …plus the Convoys are warm tinted, its not even funny.

So there has to be at least two different “versions” of the light that DX stocks, and looking at the site there are already many more than two that they list, I’m sure there are many more than the ones they list as well.

For these to be OK you’d have to believe I completely lucked out with all of my lights, my purplish beam SRK that looks white and bright next to the DX 6x and my Kung are both a lot brighter than “normal”, and therefore so are all my Convoys, my Warrior, my C8s, and my J18 and 12x lights to be overpowering everything…that’s really the only way this could be a reasonable output from this light…so, not possible.

I purchased several and they are all about the same brightness, and visually dimmer than my old gold 3x SRK.

Very disappointing just at that, but then I also already had one not working and fail. All around bad.

Has anyone tried to de-dome this SRK?

I see a few threads now about de-doming to get extra throw and I think it would be a good idea for mine.

I have braided the springs, upgraded wires to SWG18 silicon and changed the FET so it’s now good and bright but the throw isn’t much better than my Tangsfire C8

Is it easy to de-dome all six LED’s at the same time as they are all on the board together?