SOLD - Torchlite SVD7 w/ MTG2 - Update (lux and current measurements)

So far very pleased with the light. At first I thought the head was way too big, but after a few night uses and compared to a MT-G2 P60 dropin I’m also trying out. It’s clear that this light is very well balanced out with throw and spill. It’s not a long range thrower its a medium range thrower and long range flooder. Output on the three modes is well spaced. On high it get warm to hot in 3-5 minutes. On the negative side the body tube has 1 end with rough threads, its now at the head junction where it rarely gets opened.

huh, I hadn’t noticed rough threads. when I received these hosts the threads on the pill and where it screws into the light had a lot of small machining residue left and had to be thoroughly cleaned. maybe those (formerly tail threads) need that, too?

Do you have a SR King to compare it to?

I’ve got a Trustfire TR-J12 and a Thrunite TN-30 that seem close in output. I need a really large room to compare them at. Tried in a 20’ x 16’ room just now, I’m suffering from blindness now. What I could see is that the MT-G2 has a different tint making comparision more subjective.

do you get the impression that the spot isn’t as bright, but the spill is brighter? that’s what I got from comparison w/ my multi-xmls, but I don’t have either of those.

Thats also my impression. Most of my light are 5,700k-6500k so the lower K rating also is at work here.