SOLD: Ultrafire MCU-C88

Talk to Boaz about that....

The delivered price included customs fees. There is no "Chicken Tax" on torches AFAIK.

Retail sales is a different story. If selling in-state, I would be forced to collect and pay the appropriate sales tax (8-10%) quarterly. Interweb sales shipped elsewhere generally don't have the same requirements.

Well, I only know how I feel about this light . . . I mean, it is a respected flashlight around here, right? It's not just me? They could put the 980L emitter/driver/reflector in that bad boy and it would probably out-sell the 980L.

Mine is everything my 980L is plus it's better looking and more robust. Easily among the top five in my collection.

itisthatgoodFoy

Bueller ?

Bueller ?

Bueller ?

flashlight buyers are finicky ...Tell them they can't have it and they want it ..tell them that you have them and they will leave you to die with them . If I were a company like ric or manafont I'd have 300 of them made ...only AFTER I had orders for 400 & 300 paid in full ..

it will never happen . people just want it because they can't have it.

I agree with foy If you're gonna make it... finish the thought and put in a good driver and make it in xml warm neutral and cool white

I will never understand putting an XR-E in a light like this.

And, what Boaz said is so true . . . nobody cared about a $7 L2i until they weren't available anymore. I've received several WTB requests and I myself am not immune. I traded my L2r away (for more L2is, now that I remember) and now I want one because Solarforce doesn't make the single piece, long skiny one anymore.

I need an L2r for Foybezel production duty. I'm using a beat up L2i and it's too short to hold onto.

supplydemandFoy

At what cost ?

No vendor wants to touch it at $40, with a ~13% margin. Add the good stuff for what ? A $54 light with an ~11% margin...

While this light is made better than most $90 offerings, the fatal mistake was made - it was previously sold at a fair price.

Our best bet, short of a 9K windfall, is to relentlessly e-mail our preferred vendors until they decide to pony up to the factory.

I happily paid E $65 for my XM-Lified C88 which, I must agree is not budget. Is it worth $20 more than an 980L?

yesFoy

That sounds like a very fair price for so much torch.

you're right it was the only thing manafont was selling too cheap ....the only real deal i ever saw from manafont ..

I really don't need a second one but it's how the Boaz rolls .

Find something good... and snuggle up .

Hey Foy can you do a runtime test for me with the King Kong 2650 battery on moon low. I figured with the 4000mah battery on moon low it draws .002 amps, so it should run for 2000 hours. If you start testing now it should shut off around June 1st can you confirm this for me. JK

That's one of the most awesome features of this 5-mode driver; 3.5 amps turbo can loosen wall paint but you can pretty much look right at the emitter in moonlight mode.

An amazing flashlight . . . .

Foy

If you are actually going to request 300 of this light, ask them with XM-L and hig-mid-low, and not an XR-E

This post made me drooling over this light once again, not much choice for good flashlights since Im into NiMh only :D!

I'll trade you my last one for a nice HID light or a small car, your choice.