Solder onto a copper heatpipe?

Laptop heatsinks with copper heatpipe are super cheap on ebay. This one is $2.75 USD + free shipping
heatsink

Anyone with good tools able to try to straighten this out and solder an xml2 directly to one end?

Ok, this is dangerous if done wrong. I was trying to solder an XML directly to an old heatpipe….

I was straightening the pipe but it felt the copper getting too weak so… I bent it back to the way it was before (should have just left it they way it was!!) and made it even weaker.
But anyways, I heated this up and then the copper square fell off. I heated it some more and added some solder to the bottom of the pipe. It melted, but I had to push the solder on the copper but I wanted it to instantly melt. As I proceeded to heat it up a bit more, PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS gas started to shoot out from a tiny hole! D; I am lucky the gas was not pointed towards my hand!!! I took apart this pipe from years ago with pliers and brute force. When I had no idea what solder was at the time. So good thing I took safety precautions and used long pliers, oven gloves, and a dentist visor. ( I was expecting an explosion from the gas if anything went wrong!) Gas was shooting out for about 25 seconds the size of a badminton birdie. I was prepared to hold my breath at any time because I knew these pipes have gas in them, but not sure what kind of gas.

Anyways, I plan to order another pipe and do it right this time. I trust these pipes are built to be monsters because of the top of the pipe where they melted the copper to seal the pipe.
I literally dreamed of doing a 5x5 xml2 pattern on something like this: after I saw the post of Match’s direct bond to copper post here: https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/7165

It could be sodium. Don't put it in water, or do, but make sure you know what to expect.

I dipped it in the toilet to cool it down after the gas stopped lol. I don’t want anyone to worry, I was holding my breath the whole time I was near this thing until i left it outside for a day. WOW…. I am lucky today.

” Commonly used fluids are ammonia, acetone, the Freon compounds, and water. ”

Sodium, mercury, lead, etc. are used for much higher temperature range heat pipes.