soldering 3rd star from left on nanjg 105c doesn't get rid of blinky modes

Soldering the 3rd star from the left doesn’t get rid of the blinky modes on 2 of my nanjg 105c’s. One is a 2100mAh driver and the other is a 2800mAh driver and both from FastTech. This hasn’t been a problem with others that I’ve shorted so I’m wondering if there’s something else that controls the blinky’s?

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

The newer one's are shipping with a different firmware; Switch on in low, wait a few seconds for a blink, then quickly cycle off/on. That should put you into the second mode group.

I don’t even want the option of having blinky’s, hence the reason for soldering the 3rd star :slight_smile:

It’s a bit confusing to people I lend lights out to when blinky’s come on or go off depending on what they do after it blinks in low.

So, did that work for you?

I agree - non-flashaholics are accustomed to "on/off", & if it does anything other than that, it's too much to comprehend...

Like my dad who only uses the 1,000 lumen mode on his…regardless of the ambient light.

The half-press after the blink works the same before and after shorting the 3 star. But again the point of shorting it is so that it never goes into blinky option mode. All the other ones I soldered had the blinky option totally removed (i.e. no blink 3-5 seconds after going into low).

HAHAHAHAHA

If you want the star option, you need to find a driver with the appropriate firmware.

The newer 105D drivers don't even have the stars on the board.

The other option is to get the gear to re-flash the firmware, then you can have whatever mode/s you want.

This is the driver I’m using and they certainly support it…nanjg 105c

Mode groups:
Selected by connecting one of the four stars to ground (the golden rim of the PCB)
Rotate the four stars to the bottom of the PCB:
Connect the 2nd star from the left to ground: 3-mode: Lo (5) > Hi (100) > Strobe
Connect the 3rd star from the left to ground: 3-mode: Lo (5) > Mid (30) > Hi (100%)
Connect the 4th star from the left to ground: 2-mode: Lo (10) > Hi (100)
Default (shorting no star): 5-mode: Lo (5) > Mid (30) > Hi (100%) > Strobe > SOS

With all due respect I’ve done this a number of times, and I certainly know what stars look like. You’re thinking of the 105d’s which I don’t have. Are you reading what I posted? Your post implies that I imagined soldering the 3rd star on a driver that doesn’t have them even though I have them right in front of me.

Just trying to help - I did read your post, & understand you have the 105C, with non-imaginary stars ;)

I was trying to convey that even though it has the stars, the later 105C's (& now 105D's) that are being sold don't have the firmware to support mode choices by soldering the stars.

The product description @ FT needs updating.

:beer:

I recently got a UV Convoy S2 from Banggood that has three options available for the modes. One mode, three mode and seven mode. My star is soldered the third from the left and initially worked with only three modes, like I ordered it. Now it does the standard L-M-H-STROBE-SOS. Banggood is sending another driver as the solder is still connected. I do not know what kind of driver this is besides a 3x7135, but had not seen the seven mode option, I suspect it is one of the other stars. I wish I could help more, but the driver-fu is not my specialty….

Ok that makes more sense. It’s another one of those lottery issues where somethings work like their supposed to and others don’t. That would explain why I’m getting inconsistent results when soldering the stars :frowning:

Now that is always true. If they only knew what they’re selling.