Some beam shots

Nice shots :slight_smile: that SBT-70 looks like its almost as throwy as the Deft, only with a larger hotspot.

Wow, thanks guy’s. Seems my beam shots are a hit :crown:

Generally speaking, I would say the pics are marginally dimmer than to the eye particularly for the warmer tints. As always with pics (unless they are zoomed in) it is hard to see in good detail at distance. The track is limestone, it was laid a couple of years ago. The way it pops under the sst-90 is what I seem to remember.

To my calibrated retina’s :nerd_face: the sbt-70 is slightly less lux than the tk61vn. Initially it seems quite bright because of the lack of spill. I compared it to the tk61vn a bit and whilst I have to look past the spill on the tk61 I thought the tk was better for making out detail at distance. I think there was a couple of reasons for that, the sbt-70 has an obvious ring around the die which is irritating and the tint of the tk is better and hotspot is nice and smooth that far out.

I tried to put the shots in order of increasing lux (according to my calibrated retina’s :8) )

Amazing shots, absolutely stunning! if you ever plan to sell some of this lights pm please :smiley:

Lol, I should consider that because I think I have too many lights as is and I just posted an ‘Ill take it’ for another fivemega light.

I’d take a TK61vn over a deft x ANY day of the week. I still struggle to think what a deft x would even be used for.

I guess lights with zero spill confuse me…

Thanks heaps for the work put into these beam shots mate, I wish you were on the other side of the country!

if you go that road, even the TK61 look completely useless at close range i can imagine the modded version, tried in my yard, the TK75 is one giant hotspot with massive flood, while with the TK61 i had to scan so much more to cover the same part of my yard…and was constantly moving from spot to spot in order to avoid bushes because the spill while kinda useful can’t pass trough bushes, not bright enough.

The TK61 is classic spotlight, while the TK75 usability is far above, its the best ever imho, the best flashlight allround. The Deft-X is throw king, kinda one use only light. It was specialized for throw only, so yea.

The TK61vn is specialized for throw, BUT still has usable spill so that you’re not tripping over things or falling off cliffs!!! That’s why Vinh doesn’t like atmospheric torches, zero spill.

More beam shots!

Sorry I haven’t learnt anything about cameras since the last time so some of these shots are a bit sketchy. The main reason for this was to get shots of my modded TK61 with big reflector. As I was walking home with all the luggage when I realised I had forgotten to swap the reflector in the TK61 back to original to see how it compared. I wasn’t about to lug it all back so maybe another day. I also modded the maxtoch M12 the other day.

The line up is -

Supfire L5
domed xml @~5a

GHFY
dedomed sst-90 4500k @ 9a

FM 2x 26650
dedomed mtg2 4000k @ ~ 7a

Maxtoch M12
dedomed xml DD @ ~4.5a

TK61
bone stock

Courui D01
dedomed xml + LD1 driver (I don’t remember how many amps?? 4?? 5??)

FM sbt-70 aspheric
DD @ 13-15a (at the time)

dedomed xml I can’t remember how many amps, I didn’t work on it.

Modded TK61
formerly TK61vn with swapped out led and reflector.

Deft X
fitted with the most impractical, extreme laser like properties :crown:

The shots -

Excuse my screwed up editing

The deft was the only one I could get a clear zoomed in shot of

Some side by sides

Thanks for watching :bigsmile:

Do you have manual focus on your camera. Using this is the only way I get reliable night shots. So the reflector swapped in the TK61 has a larger hot spot than the standard reflector?

I was thinking ‘you can’t tell from the pics’ so I had a look myself and saw I was missing the pic of TK61 big reflector, LOL, the whole reason I took these shots and I forgot to paste a pic of it :smiley: :zipper_mouth_face: :smiley:

Post above edited. Modded TK61 immediately below the stock TK61. Modded one has a smaller spot.

Nice collection, love the beamshots specially of the modified TK61 with improved reflector. :beer:

Definitely great Beamshots!

Quite a nice group of flashights. They must weigh a ton :smiley:
Thanks for the ’shots

A Deft-X in the wild! Awesome! :beer:

No I don’t have manual focus :_( It has little icons to choose modes. I don’t know which I should be using - the candle (for low light), city night shot, fireworks mode or moonlight (long shutter). I’m thinking maybe I misunderstood your question about the reflector, did you mean how does the spot compare to the standard reflector with dedomed led? I mentioned above that I forgot to swap out the reflectors while I was out there. Maybe this weekend I can do the reflector comparison as well as take shots in each of the different modes to find out which is best.

The lights weren’t too difficult to carry

But the lights as well as the tripods I borrowed from work, that was awkward

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

very nice work here sir.
enjoyed it very much.
what was the extra lense on the tk 61 all about ?
was it aspheric ?

This is a bit of a trip down memory lane. I only own a couple of the above lights now. One of which is the modified TK61

Nice. Curious… what driver and emitter are you using in the UF-1405 build? Im thinking about building one with a buck-FET driver. I like that it can zoom out and still be used for close range flood.

Whats the light in that beamshot?

Very intense spill, those sst90 still realy good.

And the amount of lumens, did you measured?

@Kramer - I didn’t hang on to that light for too long. Going by what I said about it above I must have bought it second hand. I don’t remember who I bought it from or sold it to :question: So my memory fails to come up with what driver. Sorry, it’s just a beamshot of a light I used to have. If you want to use a fet driver on xml/xpl/xpg you could get the single cell version (UF-1504) I had one of those at one stage as well. After I machined around the neck area I preferred the single cell just because it felt that much smaller.

@Franz - I no longer have this one either. This is one of those lights I remember with a certain fondness. It’s a [Fivemega host](Sold/Expired - (CLOSED) D26 COPPER 26650 HOST BY FIVEMEGA | Candle Power Flashlight Forum with a Fivemega head The sst-90 was 6000k before dedoming and soldered directly to a solid copper pill. At the time I didn’t have any way of measuring output, again sorry guys :blush: