Some good prices on batteries: Sanyo/Panasonic etc.

The ebay seller of Keeppower cells also rips off HKJ’s data - so HKJ now puts a copyright statement in there. He’s pretty relaxed about it (good job, as there’s not much he can do about it, I suspect).

I dont know if its really a ripoff, because Keeppower supplied the cells. I dont know how HKJ thinks about that..

How is openly charging customers for the actual shipping costs ‘not cool’?

In my opinion it is a much better business practice than just giving everyone ‘free shipping’ which means raising the prices on all the products in case of small orders.

With regards to the use of HKJs table I am split. I would guess they haven’t notified him/asked for permission to use the graph. However by being sent the cells by AW for the purposes of review I would say that any seller offering the same genuine AW cells could make a very good case for HKJ’s tacit consent in their use on the product pages.

If someone is sent something to review then surely their comments and data can be used to better inform potential customers about the actual product? That is after-all the whole purpose of the review process…

There are issues of course when someone ‘steals’ a picture/beamshot of a light taken by a hobbyist without asking and which was not intended for such a purpose. But to take data from a review on the same cells which were provided for that very purpose seems to me not only fair but a good course of action as it better represents the genuine characteristics of the product to anyone thinking of buying.

I think it may swing on whether the AW cells in question were provided by AW himself, a particular re-seller or bought by HKJ. In the first case the information should be used by all sellers to help sell the product, as that is what AW would have intended, in the second case perhaps only the re-seller who provided the cells would have a moral right to using the data and in the third case HKJ should probably be contacted before any re-use of his own results.

Makes sense to me. And according to the table, the cells were provided by AW for the review.

-Garry

As I say, HKJ is pretty relaxed about it - when I PM’ed him about the Keeppower eBayer (a seller, not Keeppower themselves), he said it happened quite often. In that case he embedded a link to his website in the table.

They have got some good prices on e-cig ecquipment, but yes, it looks like they will give a huge shipping cost for small orders, so it is like powerwholesale.

It looks like they are in the right to use the table then if they were provided by AW, it does annoy me when some of us on here so quickly jump to condemn a seller based on heuristics without actually considering the individual reasoning behind it.

I wouldn’t say shipping is ‘huge’ or even unreasonable. As I said in the OP they quoted me under $10 for a packet of 4 18650s; thats under $2.50 a cell and still keeps their price well below the next best price seller.

It is slightly annoying to have to make an order before being quoted the shipping price, but you don’t pay until afterwards and so are under no obligation to complete the transaction until after you know the full price you would be charged.

I agree. It might slow things a little, but if the bottom line is that the prices are good, including shipping costs, what’s the problem? It’s certainly not “not cool”, just a different business model, that may welll work to our benefit. We’ll see - I ordered a selection of cells, including the same “efest” IMR 18350 ones that bestinone offer (who ship “free” but add a “service charge”).

Do you know if the ‘efest’ IMR 14500s at $3.50 a pair are the same as the one sold by bestinone too?

To be honest, I was just going by the photos. Certainly this 14500 - even though description says 600mAh, photo is same as this - in fact identical photo.

I’ve ordered a couple, so if shipping is OK I’ll go ahead. Mind you, I have no way of checking capacity. In fact, I’m not even sure what I’ll put it in - Xeno E03 / Balder SE-1?

Deleted.

Deleted.

Maybe is my mistake to advance it will be huge from the experience with powerwholesale, I’ll confirm how good it is once I’ve got it, I ordered a pair of 14500 and some e-cig stuff.

Aiyah….its the same as bestinone.net, sz-eyoung, powerwholesale.net

Shao fy tzer’s IMR on CPFM.

sales2@sz-eyoung.com

Wendy Ho.

BLFer (eg E1320) has been doing biz with them since the beginning of time here.

:smiley:

I had to find out in the FAQ page, it was not openly stated in the checkout, there was different shipping options with 0$.

I found it weird so I searched the FAQ.

are you seriously thinkt hey gonna ship like 100 without us paying i ordered 100 aws at 0.00 too lol
i just wonder what else they have for free :smiley:

Your Order Number is: 2012071122141818,Total: US$0.00
You can view your order history by going to the My Account page and by clicking on “View All Orders”.
Please direct any questions you have to customer service.
We will send the invoice ( with your shipping cost after our sales caculated it ) to your email within 24 hours.

Your Order Number is: 2012071122161312,Total: US$0.00
You can view your order history by going to the My Account page and by clicking on “View All Orders”.
We will send the invoice ( with your shipping cost after our sales caculated it ) to your email within 24 hours.

Your Order Number is: 2012071122170920,Total: US$0.00

Hello everyone!

I am Suki Zhao from the www.bestvaping.net , I am very happly to see you are like our batteries.

I’ d like to say all the AW batteries and Panasonic 18650 3400mAh rechargeable and with PCB batteries are no stock now, please do not choose those items or place this items on the website. the other brand batteries is in stock,thanks vey much!

By the way, I am very appreciate the help for scaru. many help from him, thanks!

Suki Zhao

Glad to see you registered and I hope you can help us with an CS problems we encounter.

some vendors do put special pricing when they are are out of stock. I emailed them and they indicated that their system is $0 means out of stocks. When there is stocks, the appropriate pricing would be there.

Some ebay sellers also use pricing as updates. Eg, they would put the price ridiculously high at $99.99 so that people wont place order or bid. :slight_smile: