Sony VTC6A 3000mah,will you choose it?

A 21700 cell and 4000mah. Looks similar to the Samsung 40T.

https://www.illumn.com/21700-vapcell-inr21700-4000mah-sony-vtc6a-high-discharge-flat-top.html

VTC6A is 3000 mAh, so this is more likely VTC6.

There are two models of VTC6A at Sony / Murata, the first is a 18650 cell having the exact model name US18650VTC6A and the second is a cell 21700 (same technology and technicality as his little sister in 18650 but deployed on a larger volume, the 21700 format, which consequently increases its capacity and its performances) having exact model designation US21700VTC6A. The same portage has also been made for the US18650VC7 (18650 / 3500mAh / 8A continuous), which has the exact model designation US21700VC7, it is a cell 21700 (as the name suggests) which has a nominal capacity of 5000mAh and a continuous discharge current of 10A, it was necessary that Sony / Murata has a competitor against the Samsung 50E and 50G as well as against the LG M50 and of course the Panasonic / SANYO NCR21700A (yes, that’s his model name, this is the only 21700 from SANYO, it is a 5000mAh cell and 15A continuous discharge).

Another thing, the rewrap of the Sony US18650VTC6A by Vapcell is the one he calls “Vapcell INR18650 3000mAh 25A Max continuous discharge” and its wrap is purple metallic. Here is the link on their website: http://www.vapcelltech.com/index.php/Show/index/cid/17/id/31.html

I have their rewrap VTC6A, bought in February 2018, they are very good performers.

Are you sure that’s a VTC6A?
I thought Sony rated the VTC A cells as 30A max discharge.

Yes, it is a VTC6A.

It’s a 21700 VTC6A, literally.

Now, Sony released 2 VTC6As:

18650 VTC6A

21700 VTC6A.

A trainwreck of denominations.

Good news though. :+1:

Yes, I confirm it to you, ask vapcell if you want it will confirm, mooch too, besides he tested them, so look at his tests, they are easily recognizable because they have a engravure on the negative pole for the degassing / venting, I do not know where you got your value of 30A continuous, your info as your photos at the beginning of the post resembles the style of propaganda / bullshit with which AliExpress / AliBaba where even Bangood we mix with their habits, serious does not do not believe what they are saying, they excise everything to sell more. Personally I have the datasheet of US18650VTC6A, and it says Continuous Discharge Current: 25A / Continuous Discharge Current (If <80 ° c): 35A. That’s the truth by the mark, not by those who want to sell them absolutely.

Calm down and careful with your accusations and insinuations. The OP made their post more than six months ago, before Mooch published results, potentially before a datasheet was available, clearly before widespread availability.

What's your problem dude? Too much garlic or disgusting French cheeses? Chill out.

Here's my 'source": https://www.nkon.nl/rechargeable/18650-size.html

Reputable shop.

But thanks for the bit of useful information regarding these batteries.

Well, calmly, I’ll answer you: Believe what you want to believe.
I own the official datasheet published by Sony (now Murata, they have been bought, yes) and it is clearly indicated the values I just gave you, I have nothing to gain by lying to you. which is not the case for everyone, and it’s not an insinuation, it’s a fact, the kind of resale site that I just mentioned before are there to make money, point bar . After if you want to denounce me and ban me, just because I tell the truth and you do not like it, I say beautiful mentality and two: I do not care, it’s clear. Bye

Perhaps what he wanted to say was that most sites are just claiming a 30A continuous rating without saying it is temperature limited to 80°C.

Therefote, he is saying that sellers should always precise that the VTC6/VTC6A should be written as 20A CDR/30A CDR with a temperature cutoff of 80°C, or 35A in the VTC6A’s case.

Already, bravo, yes I’m French, but I hate garlic, cheese in general, frogs’ legs, etc … Finally all that anti-French as you think that all the French eat, here is seen you do not know a lot of French people. And frankly, it’s true that Dutch do not, and do not eat disgusting cheese? Lol and re-lol

And tell me, where is your source document on nkon.nl, where I often buy anyway, because it’s weird I find nothing about the VTC6A? Strange, no?

Seriously, when I disagree with you, did I start off by your nationality? No.

In fact you’re racist I can say, so I should report to an op or an admin, in truth, right?

And I’m still waiting for your proof that I’m wrong at nkon.nl ………

You behave like a child that should be sent to bed after dinner.

FYI, i love garlic. Don’t like the cheeses though… I prefer Gouda or similar Dutch cheese.
I love France too. I often go to the Charente.
I was just copying your attitude. Not nice, is it?

Yeah, Nkon hasn’t got the VTC6A yet, but they have the VTC5A, which has the higher discharge current.
And i read some things here and there. And that’s why i asked that question.
Do you have a problem with that?

So anyway, why don’t you tell us what’s wrong or apologise for behaving like this?
Or just go away maybe.

Seriously, tell me what I said badly because it is me who is not understood then, I may be poorly translated what I meant? Maybe we both take the lead for nothing? So tell me what I said that made you angry, see if that’s really what I wanted to say, because there I think there is a widespread misunderstanding? So in advance I apologize to you if that’s it? Please send me something you took wrong and I wrote. I’m waiting.

Perhaps we should defuse this conversation a bit. It’s getting a bit too heated for my taste.

@Jerommel, perhaps there was a misunderstanding between him and you. So please, calm down a bit. You are generally very calm. Your angry behavior seems a bit strange to me :exclamation:

@HydrAxx, same thing please :slight_smile:

Be kind to each other please :+1:

Seriously, when I disagree with you, did I start off by your nationality? No. [/quote]

No, you used a different kind of rudeness. It seems you don't tolerate that *from* others. So why do you do it *to* others?

No, you're a little dumb, it seems, because French, nor your cuisine is a race. :FACEPALM: :FACEPALM: :FACEPALM:

I never said you were wrong about that.

Dude, give it up for today. Come back when you feel better and you can behave yourself.

Okay, I’m sorry then. The only complaint is that I do not know exactly what I said wrong besides the truth about technical data.

I think you missed his 1st post here, as a noob making wild accusations and behaving like a jerk.
I’m just showing him he can not handle the same attitude from others, who incidentally have been around here for a few years.
I have no problem with this guy, but i have a problem with his behaviour.

Okay, i’ve made my point.
Byeee !!

(edited some sharp edges away)

Okay, sorry is good enough for me. :+1:
I’m sorry too for being unfriendly.
There was a lot of negative and arrogant clutter around your on topic comments.
Try to avoid that in the future.