SP31V2.0 LH351D version are available on sofirnlight website

An SP36 would not be a good idea with 4x XHP50.2s, so yeah.

But Haikelite made it so it is possible. If you not used xhp 50.2 good alternative will be SST40. Another solution is software PWM limit on turbo for around 6000-7000 lens. I am interested in SP36 host on sofirnlight. If you offer also 5050 MPCB for SP36 any BLFer can take responsibility for own modding.

We choose to fulfill Q8 Pro because SP36 can not handle that much heat.

OK thanks. It will be available 5000K option for that new Q8 Pro?

Just to update my observations on the IF25A 4000k.

- The beam pattern is pretty similar to that of IF25. I assume Sofirn didn’t change the TIR lens.

• I measured Lux at the turbo mode using my phone by putting the light under the bed and shining it. The app read 4,717 lux (using fully charged Gold Vapcell 21700 tiger head), while using the same method with Sofirn SP10S (using fully charged Black Shockli 14500 1,000 mah, the light advertised as 800 lumens under turbo) gave me 1,477 lux. The IF25A can sustain the turbo for 25 seconds. Eventhough, we still don’t know what driver they use, I think it’s quite certain that they don’t use the same regulated driver as in IF25.

Actually when some ask “what driver does the flashlight use?”, I don’t know how many kinds of drivers to use!

Buck driver? Boost Driver? FET driver? any other drivers?

And I can not connect these with what engineer told me, which is Chinese.

Anybody teach me? :smiley:

Yes, if only we have 5000K in warehouse

Barry, please check this link:

https://flashlightwiki.com/Driver

Barry - I second that. As a contributor to that wiki site, it's pretty useful info. It may seem old and dated, but most of the info is pretty current.

Welcome to share more nice photos when you receive your lamps

The green one is nice :+1: .

Please don’t request Anduril, it’s a pain to sell. Great for flashaholics but that’s it. Limits their audience big time as the average user it’s way too confusing.

The biggest issue I’m facing is the thermal setting is terribly inaccurate, I had to set the thermal temp 11°C below room temp otherwise it steps down too early. It thinks it’s hotter than the temp you set it.

The newer Anduril has much improved thermal mgt. With the older version, when it see the temp spiking, it tries to head it off before hitting the threshold setting, that is why it seems to not get hot before the first thermal drop.

The biggest problem right now is how do we know which Anduril version we are getting, they are shipping? We don't, not a clue. Version mgt is non-existent. With all the power and flexibility version control software offers behind the scenes, we are clueless what version we are running unless we download it to the flashlight ourselves.

Choosing between Narsil and Anduril, I choose Anduril. I don’t think Sofirn will offer a new UI.

Well this explains what was happening to all the Fireflies lights. First step down very short, reactivate turbo and it steps down at the correct temp. If this is fixed and hoping Sofirn uses the latest then my biggest issue with Anduril is gone :slight_smile:

I had to sell the Fireflies with 11°C lower temp but after the first step down, if turbo is reactivated it goes to the much higher temp making it extremely hot.

Almost need to make it so the earlier versions can’t be downloaded but won’t help if they already have and use an earlier release.

The premature step down was driving me insane lol I thought it was just a stupid firmware to use. Love the features but this was breaking it for me.

TK has posted about the thermal mgt improvements w/graphs, etc., forgot where though - probably one of the firmware threads. I know it's much improved, just dunno how much it backs off the aggressive drops. These "super" lights are just so over the top with heat/mass and heat/surface area, there's not much that can be done. I know the newer better thermal mgt regulates it better, so after the initial drops the output is much more smoother and levels off, as opposed to ups and downs. All I know is the Anduril version after December, maybe as late as March and forward, have the improvements.

I was told Fireflies is using an old version so that explains my issues. The step down wasn’t an issue once it’s been on High and already warm. Thanks for explaining Tom, I was just over Anduril when I didn’t understand what was happening.

I did enjoy NarsilM but I understand many prefer a gradual stepdown instead of a sudden drop.

I look forward to the day an option is available to disable the setting :slight_smile: full manual control is my preference

I prefer no thermal reg too, but this happened to me. Before there was a Q8, a popular SRK style light to mod was the SupFire M6 w/3 LED's. It accidentally turned on in my bag one day on the way home from work, where I had it wrapped in a towel.

The Q8 was actually based on many of the characteristics of the M6. This M6 was so hot, I had to poke at the switch a few times to get it to turn off - it was too hot to handle and took at least 20 mins to cool off. Amazingly enough, no damage to the batteries, LED's, drivers - no damage or noticeable loss of performance. With the right MCPCB's, LED's, wiring and design, it's pretty spectacular how much heat these things can really take.

I've had other incidents too. Even with a 2.8 amp driver in a Convoy S2, the heat can get untouchable in a few minutes if you leave the light standing on it's own.

Sofirn, do you have LH351D 4000k as an option?

A general problem with temperature regulation appears to be the need for calibration. Customers don’t like reading the manual, so manufacturers should do it. It’s easy with Anduril, can be part of the usual QC.