SP36 Disassembly

Hi there!

Im new here and i created this account to figure out how to disassemble the SP36.

Is there any guide?

the reason for the disassembly is that the rubber cap on the charging port has been ripped off :frowning:

please help a noob :slight_smile:

Why do you need to disassemble the light? Is there a remnant of the flap inside the socket that you can’t otherwise remove? BTW, if you contact Sofirn, they should be able to send you a new flap.

You might want to read this thread

I cant find it now, but i know someone opened his by unscrewing the sideswitch and by using a filed and bent nail, which he used to gently push out the driver using the sideswitch hole.

Succes

Switch hole is where I pressed the driver out… dead center of the 2 LED leads…you can see the scratched up masking and the copper trace showing thru. I did 2 of them with out any issues…using the tool pictured….

Changed the stock FET’s out to Infineon FET’s 18awg Tinergy Leads and 18awg Spring Bypass’s Matched (flatten/polished) the MCPCB/Host mating surfaces and used AS5 thermal goop.

1) Sofirn SP36 XP-L HI V3 1A’s

2) Sofirn SP36 BLF Anduril XP-L HI V4 3C’s

I like them both… Anduril gets used the most…well the Wife use’s it the most (candle/lightening modes) :slight_smile: