Spam?

bang bang, another one.

Edit, SB is on it.

Damn bots.

https://soylentnews.org/comments.pl?sid=19/01/03/1221205

“Studies generally suggest that, year after year, less than 60 percent of web traffic is human; some years, according to some researchers, a healthy majority of it is bot. For a period of time in 2013, the Times reported this year, a full half of YouTube traffic was ”bots masquerading as people”……

I don’t get that last part… so Skynet is lolling around watching cat-videos all day?

LOL> as I close my cat videos tab

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-ab&q=youtube+bot+click+ads

‘Biggest Ad Fraud Ever’: Hackers Make $5M A Day By Faking 300M Video Views

How Much of the Internet Is Fake? Turns Out, a Lot of It, Actually.
https://catless.ncl.ac.uk/Risks/30/98#subj3

Follow the money.

Incomming

HOLY CRAP.

I think SB should adjust the count for users with less then 100 post.

Like 1 or 2 mark as spams take them out

Who’s on Spam patrol tonight?

The spam is gone now. I must have missed the attack.

The spam isn’t for us to read… it’s for search engines to read. As far as search engines are concerned, every link here is an endorsement of the link’s destination.

The way pagerank algorithms work, higher-ranking sites get heavier weights in the search scoring calculations. A single link on a high-ranked site is worth thousands or even millions of links on Joe Random’s blog. So if spammers can get a link to “stick” on a popular site like BLF, it has a relatively high reward. This makes it worth a relatively large amount of effort.

It’s back! Two more. :person_facepalming:

:open_mouth: . :open_mouth: . :open_mouth: . :person_facepalming: . :open_mouth: . :open_mouth: . :open_mouth:
I would be completely retired in less than a week…… :money_mouth_face:

A quick ‘double tap’ nailed em’ both…… :wink:

Old and new threads are being “necromanced” right now with SPAM posts about “articles” :arrow_right:
Hit the button :smiling_imp:

EDIT: username = admin88

Yep, just ran across 3 by “admin88”. Two of them disappeared when I reported them.

Did Sb make it where after a certain number of reports the Spam post or thread is ‘Auto Deleted’??

That would save him a lot of work if he did, or could; do that…. :wink:

Yep, it’s always been like that. Even the spammer’s entire account can get automatically disabled. You can read about it here:

So the past 8 hours saw significantly less spam than the previous period the night before. The few that got through were absolutely beaten to a pulp by many of you. :confounded: So thanks again for your vigilance. It looks like the few that got through this time were almost surely completely manual human posts, which are almost impossible to keep out. But at least the “Chinese firehose” spamming operation appears to have ended.

We are patrolling the area, sir.

:+1: :beer:

Here’s some badges:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

OK… thanks for the info & the link Sb. :+1: … I see, mine just happened to be the report that made them Auto Delete on the couple that I mentioned. Nice feature… :slight_smile: