spammer is gone

Also, for the offender, block their IP, block their subnet, block their mail domain.

Install monitors that alert admin via mail + sms on sudden post per 5 minute spikes.

So, what happened with Donna last night?

I read the banter between with the hand bag spammer the other night. Even had the wife laughing.

Keith

Last one survived less than 2minutes. :D

That was fast

We used to get lots of spammers ,

And we had a lot of fun !

sb came up with some jammers ,

and now all our paisley is gone !

Welcome to BLF, iseethelight. I missed the specifics of this one, but, generally, here is what's going on. We had a period of time awhile back where we would get spammed pretty regularly. Now there is a system in place to slow the spammer down enough so that individual members can hit the "Mark as SPAM" button in the lower right corner of the offending post (or posts) and end the spammers run before it gets to far. We, as a group, take well earned pride in how fast we can do it and we encourage you to help when the next raid comes, as it surely will.

NO SLEEPING WHEN ON GUARD DUTY!

While I was doing prose, jacktheclipper was doing poetry. Lost that round, I did. If I may be so bold as to suggest a line? "And now our Paisley is on the run" Not brilliant by any stretch, but it does rhyme.

Our Forum The Spammers did Crumble

Our Threads they became all Ajumble

Then sb The Great

Decided their Fate

And reduced their Loud Roar to a Mumble

I"m impressed!

Keith (who can"t rhyme, no matter how much time)

BTW, hello "Iseethelight".

Stop, stop, my family are starting to wonder what's going on.

When Spammers attack our Dear Forum

We used to just try and Ignore 'um

Now we mark them as Spam

'Cause they don't give a Damn

About Wrecking our Peaceful Decorum

lol jack

haha.. :D

Paisley, said Foy in a song

He thought his prose great, was he wrong?

Then to his surprise

There were lots of replies

Now paisley has be-come a noun.

Foy