Spare Battery Carrier For 18350 Cells?

Cute! Where’d you get the 16340 carrier Jon?

By the way Jon, I went to order a couple of those $2.00 18350 tubes at Oveready to check them out but no way with $7.00 shipping!

> Where’d you get the 16340 carrier

https://countycomm.com/collections/capsules/products/xl-pico-pull-waterproof
not cheap
I actually wanted one of these

but they are sold out
and btw the delrin cr123 locker does not fit an 18350, the Pico Pull XL does not either

They don’t actually claim the Pico Pull XL will hold a 16340 battery, its just something another flashospender figured out. Its a snug fit, but definitely works.

> I went to order a couple of those $2.00 18350 tubes at Oveready to check them out but no way with $7.00 shipping!

I did the same a while back, but your post pushed me over the edge… its only money :person_facepalming:
fwiw, the dimensions of the oveready carrier

are 1/2” smaller in both directions, than a 35mm canister. Im all about finding a small single container for 18350 atm. Mine are on the plane, should be in my hot little hands Saturday. Stay tuned for the pics and impressions…

I support your spending, it makes me feel normal :wink:
as long as you are on this site, you are going to be spending money…

Resistance is Futile, click buy it Now!.. LOL

I have ordered these; they hold two cells but they are usually in stock albeit with slow shipping. I use them for storage:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HOT-Portable-Hard-Plastic-Battery-Case-Holder-Storage-Box-For-2x18350-Batteries-/152238739694?hash=item237222d0ee

For the hell of it, these are ones I have ordered for 26650 cells:

Your great Jon and thanks for supporting my spending! :slight_smile: Thanks for the info. Yeah, let us know how those Oveready’s turn out.

I would prefer a nice solid, screw top, waterproof one like your XL Pico Pull.

Thanks robk but the search goes on.

The Oveready 18350 carrier arrived a day early. It fits the 18350 very well, and the carrier is no larger in diameter, except the cap, than the Pico Pull XL, plus the Oveready 18350 carrier is shorter than the Pico Pull XL. Only negative for me was that the Oveready 18350 carrier has a little tab for opening the top, that sticks out from the cap, whose corners felt a little sharp. I was concerned that could work a hole into a pants pocket, but solved the problem with a couple passes on some fine sandpaper.

The Oveready 18350 carrier snap top IS waterproof, I held it under water in a cup for 30 seconds, and no bubbles came to the surface. I also put a piece of dry paper towel inside, and it stayed dry. The Oveready 18350 carrier weighs 5 grams, half as much as the Pico Pull XL. Im very happy with the Oveready 18350 carrier and would buy it again, it is also Much less expensive than the Pico Pull XL.

You can see the black Unprotected 18350 battery fits with a little room to spare, while the yellow Protected 16340 also fits, with a little more room, and they both work as a rattle, if you need to entertain a baby ;-), or you can use a little bit of paper towel to pad the Battery and keep it quiet. I don’t have a Protected 18350, I don’t know if they fit (the light I use the unprotected 18350 in, won’t fit a protected 18350, but does fit a Protected 16340).

I want a single carrier for the Black IMR 18350

Ok:-)

Are any pet preforms suitable? If they’re too long you can cut 2 of them flush with the underside of the “shelf” and epoxy them together. Should be only a few mm too big inside but will be waterproof and crush resistant, within reason.