SRK Linear Driver frm RMM work in SupfireM6?

Question - Would the SRK Linear Driver from RMM (46mm - SRK 32x 7135 Driver - V2) work in the SupFire M6? Like, can I just remove the stock M6 driver and wire in the SRK one and call it a day?

For the record, I’m not looking for max lumen output. As of now, my main goal is to change the button operation (UI) with minimal work. I don’t mind soldering a wire or two here and there, however, I don’t think I want to do the precision soldering like trying to solder on/off those teeny-tiny resistors etc.

Now a little about me (ignore if you don’t care):

First off, thank you to this forum and the members. For the last month or so, I’ve been lurking around these forums learning what I can about the current state of mods. I see a ton of work has been done on the Sunray Kings so I’m just trying to get my feet wet in the modding scene. I don’t have access to any fancy tools like lathes or drill presses, however, I’d like to start changing out the drivers and playing with the UI.

My gateway flashlight was the Thrunite TN4A. I originally wanted to stick with AA, however, after reading through this forum and browsing budget/moddable flashlights, I now want to go 18650.

From memory, I think it will fit the M6.

Maybe post in the MTN thread, or PM Richard (RMM) to confirm.

I'd be concerned about using this driver on the stock Al led boards, though. It's pushing the heat limits.

P.S. Welcome to BLF!

Understood. Thanks for the reply. This is really just going to be my first project to get my feet wet. I’m just hoping I don’t fall too far down the rabbit hole and start spending my days/nights modding lights!

Also, watch your springs with this driver… I was charging the 18650s in my SRK that’s been modded with this driver a couple of nights ago. I noticed that the cells weren’t all at the same height so I pulled the tailcap off to access the PCB and found that the springs were different lengths, with obvious discoloration from overheating…