stacking 7135 chips

ah nice..I didn't flux..maybe that's what i'm missing..i'll practice on a burnt board tomorrow..see if the flux helps

sure does, makes the solder run down the leg and if there's enough it bridges the gap. good luck :)

awesome..thanks

I love that Aoyue 936 soldering iron so much, since I redid the heating element and started using .22 Silver-Bearing 62/36/2 rosin core solder so I don't use flux anymore. It's so much easier doing the 7135 chips now.

got a source on that solder e?

as always Canadians get screwed..US $38.55 shipping lol

that's ridiculous. I'll ship you one at cost if you want (+ say a $1 for gas ). I'm in zip 13214, in case you know a way to figure that cost.

i'm using benzomatic rosin core silver bearing (just because it was cheapest per gram at home depot, not because I'm skilled enough to have a preference) but I add a tiny bit of flux to most joints (or a pile of it for automotive sized stuff). I imagine your skill level has more to do with it than the rosin core ;)

cool man..appreciate that..i'll keep you in mind if I pulled the trigger..;)

I buy it at the local Radio Shack because shipping on solder is expensive. SRA does carry it also.

http://sra-solder.com/index.php

A little tip when adding the 7153 chips I use an alligator clamp to hold them in place when I am soldering them on.

no problem. I have to go pick up registered stuff pretty often anyway. I can't stand to wait until the next day when they leave me that stupid signature card

SRA has a refurbished 937 soldering station for $35 bucks, that's half price. I am so tempted to jump on this. Someone please buy it before I do, help me.

http://sra-solder.com/product.php/6850/105

you said yourself the digital is unnecessary :)

I think it is just one more thing that can break. You can calibrate the temperature of the analog...if you want a backup, imho, stick w/ that...

maybe the digital components only suffer early failure 1 in 1000 - but they do have SOME kind of early failure rate

wouldn't that suck?!

I have a shopping addiction, the very fact that it is priced less than what I paid for the analog one makes me want it even though we both know the digital readout is unnecessary.

i know the feeling. I hate missing out on deals. I just try to think of something I want more that will surely pop up soon at a bigger discount ;)

i wonder if that's an actual photo of the refurb or if something is wrong with the picture. the top looks like it melted!

Posted on BLF quite some time ago.

I was looking up the data sheet on the Atmel Attiny chip used on the multi mode drivers and it has a 40 mA per output pin max. Each 7135 chip draws .2 mA ( at the Vdd pin). 40 mA / .2 mA = 200 7135 chips? Need to put them on a bus bar. That’s what? 70-75A. Line them up on 1/4” copper tubing for the ground connection and pump coolant. Run awg 26 along the Vdd side and awg 10 on the output side. It would make a high voltage “zipper” when the 1st led blows. Probably be better to parallel the outputs in groups of 8 chips for xml( 4 for xpg). Enough for 25 xml or 50 xpg. Maybe 25,000 lumens . . . with modes. Who wants to try it?