Stanley spotlight mod help

So what did you decide on for the battery?

well once i get the inside of the body cleared of unused plastic i think i can fit up to 2 may be 3 18650 battery’s

Oh wow! So how are you going to charge it? Are they going to be wired in parallel i’m guessing.

im going to try and find something like this that will work with my 18650’s
im still deciding what is the best 18650 out there

on ebay Item number: 230813438920

As I had mentioned earlier there is a device with mini USB in port and charges lion batteries at 600 mah. I don’t have the link but will look for it. If you wired the batteries in parallel it should work. Additionally you can change a resistor to change the charging current.

If u can find it that would be great…… I was going to change the resistor on the stock driver that came in the light but it takes up all the room in side the body And that would took up the space for my batts……. And thanks for the help :slight_smile:

I don’t mind helping at least this way I can help someone do a mod rather than ruining another driver/led with my poor soldering skills. :stuck_out_tongue: Here the link is and it turns out it is 1 amp charging current.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/5V-Mini-USB-1A-Lithium-Battery-Charging-Board-Charger-Ultra-Small-Module-/261043881158?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc76d84c6

I’ll try that one then, I see on eBay they have a 4x18650 battery box that charges them via USB cable I was just going to buy it and gut the charging board out and use it

Item number 270934859581

those are exactly the same as the ones I’ve bought. Seem well made and work, as far as I can tell. You can even desolder the USB port, cut down the board and wire the port separately if space is tight. I had to fit mine into some 1in.sq alu tubing with the port perpendicular to the board and it went in fine. You can even skip the USB port and wire up another socket if you have another 5V wall plug to hand.

I think I can Change it I’ll just use the plug that came in the light :slight_smile:

But was did that plug have a 5 volts output?

I’ll have to check after work

pretty sure its 12V, since I think mine also came w/ a 12v accessory plug for charging

I got the aluminum heatsink made today,but the piece that they were using as a heatsink was that galvanized steel crap and it broke on me :frowning: that was the piece that I was using as a spacer between the Led and the aspheric lens but I might still use it or find something else

Here are pics of the inside components more to come

few more pics…… i was messing around with some parts that i had and came up with this :slight_smile: so i though it would be good for extra battery space

PS: sorry if the pics are dark on my phone they are nice and clear but photo bucket makes them real dark looking ?

top pic is a polished mag head

bottom pic is black with fins cut into a mag head, the hole thing kinda looks like a BEE lol
the blue ring will be black or polished also

it lookslike my hair dryer :slight_smile:

Hahaha it throws a nice beam though

So is it finished?

Sounds like diecast Potmetal, which is mostly Zinc.
Cheap to make, doesn’t want to bend.

If it was steel, it would bend, not break.