Stop me please!

These are very handy:

Pic is a link, but may be cheaper elsewhere / without the 18650 holder…

Those are nice but I thought more like this which I can mount inside the torch :slight_smile:

check out this YT video about this charger

I have 2 of those here… :slight_smile:
But the other one saves you a lot of work…

Did you see this one too?
Maximum 2 A discharge current, by the looks of it, but offers full protection.
I guess you could mount another one of those FETs on top of the other if you need 4A (?)
It’s a little bigger though…

Those little things are great, you can use them in so many DIY applications where you need to charge 18650 or other Li-Ion batteries :slight_smile:

I ordered 20 pieces of each ( both unprotected and those with protection ) on Aliexpress for about US $1/piece. They selling those in lots (20 piece/lot) and that is always good to have a spare at home without the need to have to wait for Chinese delivery times :slight_smile:

I like DIY-work with electronics and it’s big part of the fun when you succeed with your project so for me it’s not a biggie to “Getting a Little Dirt on My Hands” :bigsmile:

There’s a third USB charger with LCD but that is huge and somewhat expensive which I used in one of my projects

This is an LED ring flash ( cheep chinese ) which I modified with inbuilt 18650s and that USB LCD charger. It not going to win any beauty contents but it works great :bigsmile:

Thanks for the tip with the FETs but I think it’s an overkill for this flashlight project. 1Amp charge current is nuff .

You know, this torch is for my father in law and he can’t handle charging those 18650 batteries so therefore I wanted to fix a torch with everything in one piece for him so he doesn’t need to worry about anything just ” Plug n Play” and go.

I waiting for 2 other cheep chinese torches to arrive and I will chose the best one for him to DIY for his birthday

So there’s many DIY projects ahead and I going to write about them here soon 8)

Do you have links for those torches?

The last one you showed a picture of looks like unbranded/OEM version of YEZL Y9A.

Yes, here are the links :wink:

Yupard 5000

Randar RA-SL6-USB

Thanks.

The last light is the same as the Yezl. A bit cheaper from WB.

I have a thing for OEM/unbranded lights though.. Please make a thread about the light when you get it. I would like to know if its got a decent pill and lockout.

I’ll do that as soon as get those flashlights :wink:

Well guys this torch has not that great quality as it seems after only 2 days the soft switch ( non clicky) has ” glued ” together and the flash has stuck in the strobe mode. I pulled up the switch ( which is glued to the flashlight body ) and I could restore the flexible contact and it working again but the question is how long ?

Is there a good quality switch to buy somewhere to replace this junk ?

dont anyone go tellin the O P about multitools.
flashlights are a gateway drug!

Guys, I found something cool On/Off Switch with LED Battery Monitor on Ebay :slight_smile:
it’s a bit expensive but it gives inbuild battery monitoring option which is great.

Here is the ebay listing On/Off Switch with LED Battery Monitor

edit: it seems that the battery monitoring only functioning with 2S Lipos, pity :open_mouth: