[STOPPED] NO Group Buy: NOT XHP50.3 HI 4500k 90CRI 3-step color bin

Hello again BLF.

I hope you’re doing well today.

As you probably know, Cree recently released a new series of LEDs all the way from the 2022 new XM-L2 all the way to the XHP70.3.

Cree also did something rather different this time: they released factory domeless XHP50.3s and XHP70.3s called in the High Intensity series,
called the XHP50.3/70.3 HI.

That means you get multiple benefits:
1. Much higher throw/lumen ratio.
2. Much more consistent tint.
3. Better usability in general due to the better throw.

With the new .3 series of LEDs, you also get:
1. Much lower thermal resistance, for better driving and cooling.
2. Much lower VF for better regulation, and even more power.
3. More high CRI variants.
4. More consistent tints.

Bonus: For the XHP50.3 series of LEDs, you can drive them at 3V-6V-12V depending on your MCPCB configuration and LED config :heart_eyes:

As you probably already know, this is a fast groub buy for the XHP50.3 HI 4500k 90CRI with a 3-step color bin, one of the nicest bins actually. Not a 2-step one, but still rather close.

Being a domeless 4500k 90CRI good tint high brightness high efficiency emitter, this almost looks like the perfect emitter honestly, aside from something like the Nichia B35AM, but that doesn’t have a DTP thermal pad, and only has 6V/12V variants, so considerably less variety in terms of drive power and MCPCBs. It’s also not very tough.

I’m just doing this as a fast group buy since I have previous experience in the matter, and I know a lot of folks would appreciate to get this LED since it’s a bit expensive in small quantities and doesn’t really exist from basically any supplier currently outside of Mouser.

Anyway, here is more information about the LED itself:

- CCT: 4500k

- CRI: 90, likely with an R9 rating of 50+

- Brightness bin: H2

- Color bin: E4 within a 3 step Macaddam ellipse

- Forward voltage: 5.7V at 1.8A

- Voltage cofings: 6-12V —- Sadly, I haven’t been able to find a 3V one yet.

- Dome configuration: Domeless

- MCPCB/Substrate size: 5050, 5mmx5mm

• LED code: XHP50D-H0-0000-0D0UH245G

Tint for reference from someone who ordered the same LEDs on r/flashlight on Reddit

XHP35 HI, XHP50.3 HI, XM-L2

https://old.reddit.com/r/flashlight/comments/rz61la/nmd_i_swapped_a_new_xhp503_hi_into_an_olight/

Information about the group buy itself
As per previous group buys, to make the price per unit attractive, I need a certain minimum order quantity.

Ideally, we’d be able to order 500 LEDs to reach the lowest price. I would have liked to do 1000 pcs, but lead times within these times are killing this, and it’d still be quite a bit of money to invest in still :slight_smile:

Prices are currently on hold, but optimally, I’d like to reach a price of 6,35$US/LED if we get a smaller order. If we do get a larger order, prices do go down.

The price may be higher than the usual, but being a new LED with rather tight binning characteristics, it’s perfectly understandable on my part

Here is the current GB list:

1. BlueSwordm: 3x
2. Chatika vas Paus 3x

So, I did some more research, and asked some more people, and I might not so the GB after all.

Oweban: “I think I got 4000k 90 CRI 50.3 and they still have a green corona unless it’s on high —- XHP50D-H0-0000-0D0UH245G that’s what I got 5 of ”.

Mouser xhp50.3

Mouser sells these, so I bought a few. I think this generation is a huge improvement, certainly more neutral than the green tint shift we saw with the last generation.

Here are some beamshots from Reddit.

Reddit beamshots

Well, I might actually keep the GB going then.

Also, I have a question: why are the differences in prices so stark between $USD and $CA?

@Chatika vas Paus, I added you.

Still, I can’t believe this. Even with taxes and everything added, I still pay a decent bit less in $US vs $CA, so if everything goes well and I can pay directly in $US, I might even be able to lower the price/LED a bit :slight_smile:

@BlueSwordM Are these exactly the ones you want to order?

@Chatika vas Paus, yes :slight_smile:

I posted the LED code for a reason.

That’s higher than the price at Mouser, am I missing something here ?

BTW I posted color measurements Here .

Duv a bit higher than sunlight, not great not terrible, much less tint shift than XPH50.2. Not good enough for me, I’ll try to slice HD ones next time I make a Mouser order, likely more chance to get a better tint this way.

3V is a different LED, only available in high CCT low CRI. No difference from XHP50.2 here.

@thefreeman, I need to include taxes and whatnot in my prices, and the fact that these are preliminary prices until we get more demand.

Sorry to sound negative, but the point of a group buy is to offer something that is otherwise not available (in this case special a LED/CCT/bin etc…) and/or significantly lower prices (actual price and/or shipping).

Here this LED is directly available at mouser with a MOQ of 1, the price with taxes will of course vary depending on countries but for me it’s 6.20$ / 5.68€ (20), also 500pcs only lower the price/LED by 27. Mouser offers free shipping above 60$/50€, and given the sheer size of their offering it’s not very hard to fill up ones cart to get free shipping.

@thefreeman, these are preliminary prices.

“that these are preliminary prices until we get more demand.”

I should have probably been more optimistic regarding pricing, but yeah, even with the lower pricing, I don’t think it’s really worth it anymore.

I also just noticed that this gb is a bit expensive. For my country, I can buy 10 pieces for $52 and get free shipping.
Sorry BSM, I’m out.

Honestly, this is one of those instances where I feel I should be able to delete the post.

I have had many such post and thread instances. Nothing to worry about.