Strange V2 driver bahavior

I’ve been using KD V2 drivers for the P60 drop-ins I’ve been making lately with good results. I completed another one yesterday and am puzzled by one of the modes.

The first couple of drop-ins are 3-up XP-Gs with V2s set for three modes (low-med-high) and memory. Both have 4 additional 380ma 7135s. Both of those drivers show the following, 0.10a low, 0.92a med and 4.40a high.
I also built a single XM-L using the same driver with 2 additional 7135s which measures 0.10a low, 0.93a med and 3.70a high.

Those all seem fine. I had to order more drivers and chips after cooking a few along the way. Yesterday I put together a 3-up XP-G2 with one of the new V2s adding 6 extra 7135s, the result, 0.01a low, 1.00a med and 5.20a high.

What I don’t understand is the 0.01a low, it’s actually less light the my E-1320 XM-Ls on moonlight mode.

Did I damage something adding the 7135s? I figured I was ok when the high mode showed the expected amperage. Have the drivers changed? I have four more drivers but haven’t done anything with them yet.

0.01a is really unusable, I may just change the modes to high, med, 1.0a is plenty for most use and 5+a is fine for wow factor.

Anyone else had this issue?

Maybe it is because of the parasitic capacitance on each emitter add up and act as a low pass filter. A very low duty cycle is used for the low low which means very short pulses of on and off switching. More capacitor on the load just softens these sharp pulses and cut them short for the smallest ones.

I think you’ll need 50mA low versions of these V2 drivers.

I would have expected the driver to output the same with a triple XP-G2 as with a triple XP-G but what do I know.
I’ll have to see when happens with the next driver.

Thanks

Edit: I just read this review https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/5368
I wonder if I got an old batch of these drivers.

Edit again: I just went back to KD, I now see what you were saying. They sell two versions, one with a 50ma low and one with a 3-5ma low. I must have purchased the 50ma low drivers the first time around and the 3-5ma the second time. The first three lights were built with my first batch of drivers. WHAT A DOPE!!!