Strobe on angry dog

Dogs and young children are rarely a good mix. Unless the dog has an extremely passive personality.

The child thinks the dog is just another stuffed animal to play with and does not have the comprehension to understand when the dog is starting to show aggression.

They can make great companions for kids when things go right, but it can be very bad when things go wrong. Whenever a dog and a kid are first introduced the behaviours of both should be watched closely.

I’m sure examples of all breeds biting can be found. Hell, Nuns used to attack. :smiley: I’m just says maulings and killings have a distinctive pattern and certain breeds are responsible for the most serious attacks. I know if I had small children and my next door neighbor had one of these breeds I would be nervous. Sorry if the good owners are lumped in.

Amen to that :+1: :smiley: :smiley:

1967, 15 years old; I was in a Catholic Hospital with a brain concussion due to a football injury.

I was having a test they called a “Brain Scan” done. A bunch of wires stuck to my head that led to a machine with needles making a paper graph of brain waves they said.

It was all “greek” to me. BUT… I did discover that if I gritted my teeth the needles would go crazy & crash into each other. :smiley:

The second time I did it the Nun running the test grabbed a large book, hit me in the chest with it, & shouted “STOP THAT”!!

Of course I did stop as I tried to keep from laughing.
That lady was serious…. :smiley: :smiley:

Oh, yeah, I had plenty of experiences with Sister Mary Alice Meanface, none of them good.

And so many had weird names, like Sr Euthanasia, Sr Anaesthesia, Sr Colitus, etc., too.

Sister Honoria told us a story of a drunk farmer who fell asleep in the barn and insects chewed around his eye until his eyeball was hanging out of its socket by a vein. Farmers wife cut the vein and he bled to death, which is why you shouldn’t drink said the good sister. No BS.

We had the nuns “teach” religion class on occasion. Got on the topic of souls, and one kid asked if animals have souls, and of course Sr Mary Alice Meanface snapped no, that only hyu-mons have souls.

Whether I muttered it to myself or in response to that comment, I don’t recall, but I insisted that animals do have souls, that I know when my dog is happy, or sad, etc., and that he’s not just a robot. Oh, how she got red-faced infuriated. Tried to make me say the words “Animals don’t have souls”, but I didn’t do it. Refused to, no matter what her threats. (Surprised even me, even to this day!)

She was gonna call my parents and have them beat some sense into me, and punish me for my insolence, but I never heard another word about it. Either she never called, or they decided “Woohoo!” and didn’t pursue the matter by even mentioning it, no idea.

I did have 1-2 nice ones, but the vast majority were nasty old spinsters who made themselves feel good by bullying and bossing around little kids.

Wish I had a good strobe back then, to use on the nasty ones…

LOL

Wikipedia: Thread Drift - See BLF “Strobe on Dog Thread.”

Not really sure how a strobe to dog thread became a dog to bite thread Then angry Nun….…

But I thought I’d relate something about toddler sized kids and prey animals.

You can see it often in the big cats. I’ve seen big cats lazing at a zoo. Ignoring all comers.
Then a couple puts a toddler by the glass. The cats will lock on and start a stalk.
I’ve seen a video of an African wildlife park that had a lion enclosure. The cats were behind a serious cyclone fence. And they knew they couldn’t get through it.
Once again all was calm until a tourist couple unleashed the kidlett. A big male did a full on charge into the fence and bowed it out a few feet with his face.
Cat stayed focused on the kid. Everyone soon made a hasty retreat.

Something about an easy dinner just sets some animals off. I would think this would be the case for wild dogs, and the coyote/wolf class too. And just perhaps some poorly adjusted domestic breeds.

All too often I do see poorly trained kid treating animals as toys. It takes a tolerant pet to put up with all the poking and pulling they can get at the hands of an unrestrained child.
But I’ve seen a few dogs just lie there and wimpier instead of sticking up for themselves.

Meanwhile back at the OP. Think an aggressive behavior on your part coupled with an unexpected loud sound. With some sort of a close range weapon close at hand will better than a strobe.

All the Best,
Jeff

Yea Catholics were pretty tolerant of drink compared to Baptists. I was lucky we were too isolated to have any kind of nun schooling except once or twice they came around for a week or so.

It just mutated. It’s now The Delta Thread, more infectious than the original.

New thread title……

Can a dog use use a strobe to prevent a bite from an angry nun?

No way. Once a Nun is in full on predator mode, only divine intervention will prevent Nun bites.
All the best,
Jeff

:+1: :smiley: :smiley:

Lets close another thread.

I’ve been watching some great camera work on YT lately where a guy films his Pitbull’s in high definition slow motion doing some amazing tricks, you can see every muscle on the dogs while body moving. They run and climb up vertical walls to grab a target, or run and jump into pools with targets they grab in the air. They are a simply amazing specimen to watch when trained to the limit & in top physical form. I’ll see if I can find a link. I feel a bit sorry for the Pitbull as a breed, they all suffer when a small minority causes problems. So many pit owners have similar stories to you that are positive.