Stronger BLF Q8 ?

Will be on Black Friday sale $144. Usual price $145,8.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000099332349.html

There’s numerous lights with more lumens, but generally, they will be more flood, and less throw.

The BLF Q8 has been measured at roughly 5000 lumens and 50,000 candela (10 Cd/Lm = mix of flood and throw, which is a good compromise for a range of uses, and similar to the Convoy S2+).

If there is a suitable driver, it might be possible to get around 8000 lumens from a Q8 with a similar beam by modifying it to use the XHP35.

The Acebeam X80-GT is one of the most extreme lights of a similar size, capable of a peak output of 32,000 lumens even though it is slightly smaller, but actually capable of less distance than the Q8 with 34,000 candela of throw (1 Cd/Lm = a really broad floodlight). It’s a marvel in its own way, but perhaps not as general purpose as the Q8.

There’s several lights in the middle. The Thrunite TN36 and Olight X7R both get around 11,000 lumens and over 30,000 Cd (close to 3 Cd/lm).

If you want a light with a similar beam shape but significantly more output while maintaining a similar beam shape, it will generally have to get bigger. The Acebeam X45 is a good example, with 18,000 lumens and 109,000 CD (6 Cd/Lm).

Tn30 mini was around $79 not too long ago

Yes I agree

I kinda understand Reflowing the led, at least I think I can learn to handle it but how do you mod the driver? And how you choose which one and where do you find the driver you need for a different emitter? Let’s say I wanted to mod the convoy m3 with something that doesn’t turn off the high mode when the battery reaches 3.7 v. And so that I can ramp it? Up and down? Would I need to change the driver? Thanks!

Haikelight MT40, I just received mine, got it for ~$41 + shipping. 4x SST-40, 5000k, 8000 lumens, 850m throw, simple and useful UI.

Care to share? 8K Lumens/850m throw sounds fetching.

Sure, BangGood usually has the best price with a coupon:
https://www.banggood.com/Haikelite-MT40-SST-40-7Modes-8000Lumens-High-Brightness-18650-Flashlight-p-1510539.html?ID=224556978

You could ask these guys if they have a current code if the listed ones no longer work:

Modding the driver the way you describe (disabling LVP, for one) means reflashing the µC at the very least. So, it’s gotta be a µC that someone supports, and getting all the stuff to do it. Meh.

I got all the stuff to do it, but never did.

how about the Fireflies ROT66?

Nice and more compact as the Q8, but noticably more floody.

He will be disappointed if he gets the rot66 as an upgrade to q8. It heats up fast and will dial down to a low temp. What he really needs is an mt40 by haikelite. No ramping, but basically it’s his light on steroids. 1.5 stronger and throws far
There than sofirn q8 and costs the same is not less. Will not disappoint . I own both , and I have to say thought mine starting acting erratic after some use. Hope it’s a one off.
Yes it’s a little bigger ( longer and bigger head) and bit heavier but the part you are holding is the same size and the pluses outweigh the minuses

The Sofirn Q8 in XPL HI has been out for a while. Wonder if there would be enough appetite for them to do an update with a new emitter.

I’m personally fine with the OG BLF Q8 though, just a thought.

@gamezawy, if you want a stronger BLF Q8, I would recommend you bypassing the springs and getting an AR lens from Kaidomain:
http://kaidomain.com/S027343-55mm-x-3mm-Multi-Layer-AR-Coated-Lens

Charles Bridgtec review MT40ec

Wow thats really strong light, what driver did you use or did you moded the stock driver ?

And what MCPCB Did you use ?

MT09R sells for 103.99 ;)

MT09R sells for 103.99 :wink:

[/quote]

True that.
I used to have that light. It was powerful, of course ate thru batteries, stepped down after some time and wasn’t waterproof. But let’s face it- none of them are….

is The Sofirn Q8 have SS Bezel Like BLF Q8 ? or it have normal aluminum one ?

Looks like Ss to me

Q8 is $39 on banggood until Nov. 30