Stun Gun / Flashlight Recommendations

I apologize for bump an old topic…
1)The effectiveness of those cheap stun guns is that they do hurt like hell but without the arc of the spreading probes they will not have the spread to create a large arc of current so while they may cause pain your “shot placement ” is going to be much more important with a stun gun. Picture shooting paper targets with a single shotgun with a bayonet vs a knife and realize the limitations of each.

2) Having both been stun-gunned and taken the ride I will say that being stunned if it is not to the neck or over the heart then dropping the bad guy is almost impossible to do. a good 4-5 second bust on each vital spot for most attackers will not so much drop the target but take the fight out of an attacker. The myth of instant drop of any electronic device is movie magic but for control, through pain compliance, the stun guns are adequate for the propose. In According to State Laws, we cannot ship any Stun Guns or Tasers
to the following states; CT, HI, IL, MA, MI, NJ, NY, RI, or WI

I have a couple of this and bought them at $11 https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-…ods/3222129011 each I gave them to my daughter who is out in college. It has good reviews and seems pretty powerful.

I don’t trust her yet to deploy mace or pepper spray properly yet… I need to spend time with her and practice !

1) In close-in quarters, pepper spray mist can affect the user as well if they did not have time to deploy the spray from a safe distance. Especially, if surprised and under duress…
2) User can scenario practice with the stun-gun Our 2023 Top Rated Taser Stun Guns for Your Safety - All About Shooting over and over again and then re-charge the unit via USB port.

Advantage of some pepper spray is that the attacker will have colored, hard to remove dye that can be later used to identify the offender.

I guess pepper spray for long distance engagement where the victim has enough time to safely prep and aim for the shot safely and Stun gun for in-close engagement!

I am very satisfied of my VIPERTEK VTS-195t I ordered both a vipertek vts 195 and the outlite a100.
real brass knuckles

I had a good friend who gave CHL classes here in NM. I used to help him with them. We once had an attractive blond ER nurse in a class. She told that once she worked the late night shift. Unknown to her was a guy stalking her. One night a little after mindight she was going to her car, and suddenly the guy jumped out and from the rear and got a hold on her neck. He said he was going to rape and then kill her.
As it happened she had a stun gun and carried it in her hand. With some difficulty she was able to get it around her back and place it on the guy. He fell down and she jumped on top of him and while screaming kept the stun gun on him tightly. He was incapacitated until the security got there. She said she was trying to kill the guy, but of course, the stun gun wasnt lethal.

Although many dismiss it, her stun gun saved her life.

In many places carrying a gun will be illegal. My daughter carries a small oc spray when jogging. I think the jel is best as it doesn’t take you out too.
Jerry