Successful 5-mode to 1-mode C8 driver conversion :P

I cant wait until I get the soic 8 pin clip and learn how to make 1 mode nanjg but since that clip is traveling by foot from China, it will take a while...

Until then I can, with your help :) try to convert ordinary C8 5-mode driver to 1-mode, sounds....... challenging :)

So, here is the driver: (upper left side is MCU, down-right is EEPROM)

after little poking around with my multimeter I established what is connected to what and dig out
a datasheet for that eeprom (shown at the bottom)

My first idea was to disconnect eeprom's VCC pin but this (attempt 1) failed, flashlight just didnt powered on.
Obviously, to start, mcu has to read data from eeprom, otherwise it won't power on.
Next idea is tu dosconnect either SDA or SCL pin?
I suspect that one of these pins is used to write data to eeprom and the other one to read data so if I disable
writing, MCU should always read last written data from eeprom!

What do you think about this, any ideas?

Find the output pin of the MCU that goes into the FET, cut that pin, connect it to BATT+ (or to the other end of the diode).

"blue" pin of MCU is, via resistor, connected to FET!

so, I should connect blue pin from MCU to LED + (which is equal to BATT +)?

This is how I convert my Nanjg105C drivers to single mode. It’s the easiest way I have found. Simply run a small jumper from the positive output to the closest 7135 chip, instant single mode driver fast and easy.

There is a thread exactly about converting 105c to 1-mode so you can move your pic here > Single-mode 105c

P.S. If I am not mistaken you actually created DD driver like that!

No. That connection can damage the processor and disables the reverse polarity protection.

Depending upon the type of FET, you probably want to connect the processor VCC pin to that blue dot on the FET (if it is N channel). For P channel fet, connect the FET pin to the processor ground pin. These connections preserve the polarity protection and that resistor protects the processor pin from over-current due to a short to power/ground.

That’s why I proposed to cut that MCU pin; but indeed that resistor comes in handy here, no cut needed.

It’s an N-FET, so just connect left pin of the diode to top left pin of the FET.

There are 2 options:

which one from these 2 is potentialy less harming to try out that first? :)

P.S. with a help of alcohol I managed to clean a bit that mosfet and read label, it's a D00BK !!!, google led me to DX forum...

OK, connecting left pin of the diode to top left pin of the FET in

If i'm not back in 15 minutes call fire department :D

connection established :P

and it works :D

THANKS DrJones,

I must add you to my facebook friends, you are very useful :D aaahahaha

another excellent job :)

good job!

that’s quite an understatement!

of all my mods, many folks are most impressed by my tk35klone….thanks to drjones’ lumo35drv

i sometimes forget to mention that I didn’t write the program or flash the driver, particularly if the admirer is female :stuck_out_tongue:

What diode? D1?

:shy:

Yes, D1

Yeah that was a dumb question. Seems to work fine on the KD 5 mode U2 p60 driver. Single mode now. Though it appears to have increased current now. Maybe that is the new wires though…

I also noticed that assembled pill is getting pretty warm pretty fast, pulls about 2.36A but I will add some
thermal paste on pill's threads and call that "problem solved" :P

@bdiddle - you could post a picture of your driver, maybe someone has identical driver and would find useful
to see how to convert it to 1 mode only :)

My C8 driver is next mode memory. By using a pencil to create a path of discharge(lead) on the side of the cap, the light becomes no mode memory. Or with enough lead, single mode only.

ah yes, next mode crapynes, here are some resistor values if you want to have 5 modes but faster reverting to high.

Please explain how to do that exactly. I have the same annoying driver.

you have thread dedicated exactly to next mode drivers and how to convert them to 1-mode or 5-mode without memory