Suggest a go to 18650 flashlight for me

Emisar D4 with LED tint of your choice.

Get the 18350 body, just to have and buy the pocket clip.

Small enough not to be intrusive in the pocket, more of a flooder, but throws a bit due to sheer horsepower, $35 shipped, plus another $8 for the extras.

Chris

Get one with a proper constant current driver.

Sofirn SP32A 2.0

Uses a constant current buck driver, has a good UI, and has very nice finish along with very nice looking anodizing ranging from black to champagne like.

Astrolux S41, 4 * Nichia 219B

Beautiful flood

agreed, I use mine in the 18350 format exclusively. Very easy to pocket and use. I prefer Anduril FW installed, but the original FW is not bad.

Thanks for the links - makes things easier to check out! That Jaxman E2L was interesting to look at, but I think I'm going to save my resources for the upcoming FW3A triple-LED 18650 flashlight.

I can also recommend the BLF A6 (non-anodized version in particular because I'm sick of black flashlights). I think all three tints available with the A6 are worth owning. If you are patient, you can pick one up for under $18 US through the "BangGood. Deals" forum thread.

With 18350, always in pocket or within reach. Mine’s a later issue with 219C
BLF A6 3D 18650 in my backpack

Convoy M1 best balance between, throw and flood still fits in a pocket, perfect for daily use…

The M1 is a good choice, but I prefer the BLF A6 because it has a better LED ( more lumens), a better UI (more optiions) and a better driver (with FET direct drive), and can be had for under $20 on sale. Both have an OP reflector that provides a good balance between throw and flood. Just my opinion.

The A6 is better compared to the S2 or S2+, after all it’s a tube light. The M1 is a “P60 host”, with a wider head and larger reflector that gives it better throw than a tube light, be it OP or SMO.

A better comparison for the M1 would be, as I mentioned before, the X6.

(Also you can get the M1 with other firmwares, like mine has Biscotti.)

I have a blf A6 driver in my M1 :slight_smile:

Convoy M1 host, blf x5/x6 driver and XPL diode.
Best combination.
Other option is BLF X6 or Astrolux S2. There is promotion for 23 dolaras. Personally X6 is not comfort for my hand. Convoy M1 fits better. Also you can buy diffuser for M1.

For more throw in a compact tube light, an S2+ with an XP-L HI is a good choice. Get one with the Biscotti driver.

You may have to order directly from convoy.aliexpress.com, because while some retailers, like Banggood, have the XPL-HI version, they still hobble it with the old 2-group 3/5 mode driver (also called 8-mode, by some).

The A6 isn’t bad, but the problem with the switch timing when it gets heated up annoys me to no end.

Some other affordable options:

Sofirn SP31 v2: Tube light, dual switch, XP-L HI.
Sofirn SF36 tail-switch, ~25mm reflector (bigger than a typical 18650 tube light, smaller than an x6).

Hey, everyone suggesting custom lights, OP says he can’t fix his existing go-to-light.

DIY suggestions are out of place, or are you offering to build it for him?

XP-L HI on an S2 would be amazing, in a slightly longer package. Put that deep reflector to work!

(Also my suggestion can come like that straight outta the store by PMing Simon before finishing the purchase.)

I wound up ordering an A6. I would still love to send off my Eagle Eye X6-se BLF limited edition to someone if they would be willing to diagnose and repair it for me like I said I could cover the cost of parts and return shipping. The thing is that I have yet to teach myself how to solder so that is why I have not delved into DIY projects.

Nice. I’ve now got three A6, one each tint. Which tint did u get?

I got the 1A

Whereabouts are you in the Republic of Cascadia?

Seattle area.